PDA

View Full Version : over 200 grunter on fly

Chris Shelton
15-02-07, 03:53 PM
One of our esteemed members has really and truly cracked the code of catching Spotted Grunter on fly. I am not going to say too much about it, suffice to say.......buy the book! 'Favoured flies and select techniques of the experts" A FOSAF publication.

MC jou doring! :)

frikb
15-02-07, 04:22 PM
One of our esteemed members has really and truly cracked the code of catching Spotted Grunter on fly. I am not going to say too much about it, suffice to say.......buy the book! 'Favoured flies and select techniques of the experts" A FOSAF publication.

First or second edition Chris? From what I gathered from another thread you're on your way to Henties. Enjoy and come share some pics

Rendier
15-02-07, 04:23 PM
Second edition

frikb
15-02-07, 04:32 PM
Second edition

Thanx Rendier

Chris Shelton
15-02-07, 04:33 PM
Sorry...second edition. All I will say is, I expect the JAM fly to be the buzz for a while to come. Having said this, the fly is only part of the secret......and that is why you need to buy the book. I see that the book is advertised on the home page on Flytalk. Happy reading!

FIGJAM
15-02-07, 04:43 PM
Uh what is the JAM fly?

dlampert
15-02-07, 04:56 PM
Uh what is the JAM fly?

Just Another Mudprawn :D

Chris Shelton
15-02-07, 04:56 PM
Uh what is the JAM fly?

Nice one for the guys to try and guess. If you read the book, the clue is there

Chris Shelton
15-02-07, 04:58 PM
Just Another Mudprawn :D

10 out of 10 Darryl! :D

Could also be 'Jan and MC'......seeing as they collectively developed it

dlampert
15-02-07, 04:59 PM

Added to this about the same amount of saltwater species on fly. Some of us are beginners, some of us just don't know it yet :rolleyes:

Chris Shelton
15-02-07, 05:00 PM
Added to this about the same amount of saltwater species on fly. Some of us are beginners, some of us just don't know it yet :rolleyes:

Brilliant book!

Nepptune
15-02-07, 06:45 PM
Doesn't JAM Stand for Jan "?" and MC ...? I forget the other guys name....I'll check in my copy tonight...

Chris Shelton
16-02-07, 06:31 AM
Doesn't JAM Stand for Jan "?" and MC ...? I forget the other guys name....I'll check in my copy tonight...

That is what I thought aswell Neps.....but I must say, I like Darryls version......really suits the fly

MCC
16-02-07, 07:09 AM
Hi there guys

Yes, the name comes from Jannie, August and MC.

The original idea was of course Jannie's idea. The same Jannie that sometimes make the odd comment on the site.

We fished really hard for Grunter over a period of about two years and this really refined our casting and general presentation skills. I think that this, together with serious perseverance is at least eighty percent of the reason for our success. The fly is the other twenty percent.

Cheers
MC

Chris Shelton
16-02-07, 09:40 AM
Hi there guys

Yes, the name comes from Jannie, August and MC.

The original idea was of course Jannie's idea. The same Jannie that sometimes make the odd comment on the site.

We fished really hard for Grunter over a period of about two years and this really refined our casting and general presentation skills. I think that this, together with serious perseverance is at least eighty percent of the reason for our success. The fly is the other twenty percent.

Cheers
MC

Congratulations on your collective successes MC. Your dedication and hard work had to pay off at some time. Well done, very impressive indeed! Thanks for sharing it.

markhup
16-02-07, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Finally a dim light in the crusade of the tailing ghosts