PDA

View Full Version : Re : Help

Curry Fly
27-09-09, 08:19 PM
I just broke my Ecotec 7/8wt Supreme in the 2nd section from the butt. Any ideas how to get a spare section ? just trying my luck before trying to get it repaired ...

Sage
27-09-09, 08:32 PM
I just broke my Ecotec 7/8wt Supreme in the 2nd section from the butt. Any ideas how to get a spare section ? just trying my luck before trying to get it repaired ...

Breaking a rod is never nice, sorry to hear it. As far as I am aware Ecotec are no longer imported into the country. I'm sure that will be confirmed by someone else on the forum. So, the prospect of getting a spare section is remote unless you can find somebody who will sell you an entire rod second hand.

Repairing the rod is not really a good option either as it will affect the action of the rod negatively. Have a look here on the forum, there is a good chance you will find a replacement or somebody will pop up and offer a replacement for sale.

Best of luck!

Curry Fly
28-09-09, 07:19 AM
Howsit Sage

Thanks for the info. I know the chances of finding a spare is very remote but u never know when one can become lucky. i absolutely adore this rod and i always brag about it cos its a medium action and i can go whole day with it casting a full 8wt line. Bought it off a dude for R200 (brand new) who thought it was too soft for his liking.

garyatstealth
28-09-09, 08:55 AM
you can always try last chance saloon, if they can't help you then its time for something else.
Gani's in witbank.

Sage
28-09-09, 09:42 AM
Howsit Sage

Thanks for the info. I know the chances of finding a spare is very remote but u never know when one can become lucky. i absolutely adore this rod and i always brag about it cos its a medium action and i can go whole day with it casting a full 8wt line. Bought it off a dude for R200 (brand new) who thought it was too soft for his liking.

Hi there

I have an old Kunan 6wt floating around, gathering dust. If that'll help you get back on the water you can have it. I see we are both in Gauteng, it'll be easy to get it to you. Let me know.

Regards

Paul

Gaza
28-09-09, 09:45 AM
Hi
I will delve through the graphite forrest in my store-room. I think I have one of those rods sitting there ... unused.
Will check later
G