PDA

View Full Version : Fujifilm Finepix Z33WP

AquaBarbus
19-01-10, 10:07 PM
Have just ordered and paid for a Waterproof camera, the fujifilm finepix...was in two minds about posting the news on the forum as there will no doubt be someone that will change my mind and make me regret having bought the camera.

Anyway, as soon as I receive the camera I will take it with me to the Vaal, take some pics and will post them here with a report. I dont wanna lose (yet another) camera on the water...:D

AquaBarbus
19-01-10, 10:13 PM
The camera in picture....eish

schloshd1
20-01-10, 06:39 AM
I have one and am pretty happy with it. It comes with a float strap so if you drop it in the Vaal all you have to do is sprint down the rapids after it:D

AdrianPowrie
20-01-10, 07:40 AM
Jup, I borrowed Andrew's camera for a trip down to the coast last year and was impressed with the shots that it took underwater...
Nice little camera that's for sure!

One thing I found is that you dont need to be super close to the subject you are trying to take a pic of, rather move a little bit away and take a fotie, you will be suprised at how well it come's out!
Enjoy it and looking forward to seeing some underwater fishy foties!:D

AquaBarbus
20-01-10, 08:29 AM
thanks guys

Ryan
21-01-10, 11:05 AM
The camera in picture....eish

Howzit,

Camera looks sweet... Did you do a bit of research before you bought it.. I'm pretty keen to get one myself!!

Ryan
21-01-10, 12:33 PM
These are some that I've been looking at, but I must say pricewise that the Fujifilm looks like a little winner. Below are some basic specs as well as prices I got off Bidorbuy.

Sanyo Xacti VPC-CA9 HD (Waterproof & 9MP) R 3700
- Camcorder HD
- Camera 9MP
- Waterproof (1.5m underwater)
- 5 x Optical zoom

Canon PowerShot D10 Waterproof Camera R3250
- Camera 12MP
- Waterproof (3m underwater)
- 5 x Optical zoom

FUJIFILM Z33WP (10MP & 3-METERS WATERPROOF) Digital Camera R1250
- Camera 10MP
- Waterproof (3m underwater)
- 3 x Optical zoom

jock0
21-01-10, 01:58 PM
Add the latest olympus to your list, the model number eludes me but it's the hardiest of the lot.

I'd give the local sites and retailers the finger and get it straight off of B&H

Umhlangarox
21-01-10, 02:10 PM
Add the latest olympus to your list, the model number eludes me but it's the hardiest of the lot.

I'd give the local sites and retailers the finger and get it straight off of B&H

My other half has the Olympus and i use it for all my fishing outings. If i ever had to buy one myslef i wouldnt even think twice, i would get the Olympus. Its a really great little camera.

Michael
21-01-10, 02:18 PM
Also check out:

Olympus MJU 550WP - R 2,899.00

http://www.shopmania.co.za/shopping~online-digital-camera-accessories~buy-mju-550wp-compact-digital-camera-crystal-blue-10-0-mp-3x-zoom-2-5-lcd~p-1063748.html

http://fl2.shopmania.org/files/photos-south-africa/1064/mju-550wp-compact-digital-camera-crystal-blue-10-0-mp-3x-zoom-2-5-lcd~1063748.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
PENTAX Optio W60 Compact Digital Camera, 10 MP - R 4,029.00

http://www.shopmania.co.za/shopping~online-digital-camera-accessories~buy-optio-w60-compact-digital-camera-10-mp-waterproof-5x-opt-zoom-iso-6400~p-1061926.html

http://fl2.shopmania.org/files/photos-south-africa/1062/optio-w60-compact-digital-camera-10-mp-waterproof-5x-opt-zoom-iso-6400~1061926.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
PENTAX Optio WS80 10MP Compact Waterproof Digital - R 3,088.00

http://www.shopmania.co.za/shopping~online-digital-camera-accessories~buy-optio-ws80-10mp-compact-waterproof-digital-camera-black-orange~p-1168805.html

http://fl2.shopmania.org/files/photos-south-africa/1169/optio-ws80-10mp-compact-waterproof-digital-camera-black-orange~1168805.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
PENTAX Optio W80 12.4MP Compact Waterproof Digital Camera - R 4,208.00

http://www.shopmania.co.za/shopping~online-digital-camera-accessories~buy-optio-w80-12-4mp-compact-waterproof-digital-camera-azure-blue~p-1180679.html

http://fl2.shopmania.org/files/photos-south-africa/1181/optio-w80-12-4mp-compact-waterproof-digital-camera-azure-blue~1180679.jpg

OLYMPUS Mju TOUGH-8000 Compact Digital Camera (Steel Blue) - 12.0 MP - R 4,839.00

http://www.shopmania.co.za/shopping~online-digital-camera-accessories~buy-mju-tough-8000-compact-digital-camera-steel-blue-12-0-mp-3-6x-wide~p-1063738.html

http://fl2.shopmania.org/files/photos-south-africa/1064/mju-tough-8000-compact-digital-camera-steel-blue-12-0-mp-3-6x-wide~1063738.jpg

Apparently this one is THE SHIZNIZZ.

Ryan
25-01-10, 12:46 PM
Olympus Mju Tough - 8000....

This camera is the business!! Has some awesome macro features and also has the ability to take awesome panning shots, judging by the reviews I've read...

Take your photos to the extreme. The STYLUS TOUGH-8000 is virtually indestructible. Whether you’re kayaking downriver or skiing a double diamond, it’s hard to hurt this camera. Breakthrough features like Dual Image Stabilization and Tap Control provide the clearest images under the most challenging conditions.

SHOCKPROOF (6.6ft.) 2m
Life can be tough, this camera is tougher. Rugged metal body and revolutionary shock-absorbing construction aredesigned to withstand a 6.6-foot drop, bump or other mishap.

WATERPROOF (33ft.) 10m
A revolutionary system of waterproof seals and gaskets keeps water out so you can take pictures as deep as 33 feet underwater.

FREEZEPROOF (14°F/-10°C)
Boldly enter that winter wonderland without worrying about your camera. This camera is winterized to perform at below-freezing temperatures.

CRUSHPROOF (220lbf.)
With a rugged body and reinforced LCD, the STYLUS TOUGH-8000 withstands up to 220 pounds of pressure so your camera and images are protected.

DUAL IMAGE STABILIZATION
Forget about blurry shots with this 2-in-1 anti-blur solution. Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization compensates for camera shake to keep your shots steady while Digital Image Stabilization captures crisp, clear images in any situation.

FEATURES:

Durable metal body with an innovative shock-absorbing technology protects it from drops of up to 6.6 feet.
A revolutionary system of waterproof seals and gaskets keeps water out so you can take pictures as deep as 33 feet underwater.
It’s Freezeproof to 14°F/-10°C. Perfect for skiing, snowboarding, sledding and other winter fun, this camera is winterized to perform at below-freezing temperatures!
With its rugged body and reinforced LCD, the STYLUS TOUGH-8000 is designed to withstand up to 220 pounds of pressure so your camera and images are always protected.
Operate picture playback, shadow adjustment, flash mode a

AquaBarbus
02-02-10, 12:17 PM
I have received my Fujifilm Finepix Z33WP today by courier.... now will have to go for a swim or something with the camera - lol Will have to go catch fish somewhere else this week end.

Scythe
02-02-10, 12:51 PM
Just watch out when 'going for a swim'

I swam amongst the rocks in Mosambique with mine, rated waterproof up to 10ft for 2 hours ... I dove maybe 4 foot deeper for a couple of seconds at a time and the seals failed virtually instantaneously.

If you dive with a 5' or 6' rated camera in the deep end of your pool, you may just get a nasty surprise.

If you want a wet & dry camera that you can literally take anywhere without worrying, get the Tough 8000 ... they are machines and from a photography point of view sports more features than you can shake a stick at ... (certainly more than the competitors)

AquaBarbus
02-02-10, 01:03 PM
Just watch out when 'going for a swim'

I swam amongst the rocks in Mosambique with mine, rated waterproof up to 10ft for 2 hours ... I dove maybe 4 foot deeper for a couple of seconds at a time and the seals failed virtually instantaneously.

If you dive with a 5' or 6' rated camera in the deep end of your pool, you may just get a nasty surprise.

If you want a wet & dry camera that you can literally take anywhere without worrying, get the Tough 8000 ... they are machines and from a photography point of view sports more features than you can shake a stick at ... (certainly more than the competitors)

The main reason I bought this one is so that, should I stumble in the river, there's less chance of losing yet another camera...

Scythe
02-02-10, 01:38 PM
The main reason I bought this one is so that, should I stumble in the river, there's less chance of losing yet another camera...

Obviously :) that's why I got my Pentax, I was just warning you to take the manufacturer 'specs' wrt to how watertight they actually are with a serious dash of salt. Congrats on your purchase, post some pics when you get around to it ... test the macro shots on some fly closeups.

shadowcast
14-06-10, 05:29 PM
Nice looking camera{THE FUJI}, would really like to know how it performs. Can it makro? More than enough for a fishing camera. I also want to buy a camera. For fishing and taking photos of flies. Was looking at the nikon s3000{very slim and 12mp}. Please let me know about the fuji

Ryan
15-06-10, 10:20 AM
Also, does anyone have any experience with this camera..Olympus Mju Tough - 8000.... It seems like quite a beast. Also want to use it on the water as well as photographing flies at the vice.. Owe some people an SBS or two..:D

damage
15-06-10, 01:02 PM
Also, does anyone have any experience with this camera..Olympus Mju Tough - 8000.... It seems like quite a beast. Also want to use it on the water as well as photographing flies at the vice.. Owe some people an SBS or two..:D

not that particular model but my olympus 1030 sw (predecessor of the tough)
is fantastic
ive dropped it , left it in the fishbox of the boat for a week after dunking it in raw salt water
dived to almost 10m
and its still takes good shots its 10m waterproof too video is cool aswell

/d

firephish
15-06-10, 01:16 PM

I have the Olympus. It seems indestructable (also quite heavy). I have not really had much time to play with it ... but i have been quite disapointed with the images compared to the sony cybershot i used to have. (got the olympus after i drowned the sony one time too many) ... maybe i need to spend some more time with the tough to figure out how to get the best out of it ...

Scythe
15-06-10, 02:08 PM
That would be my vote (no offence :) ) the Olympus is seriaas power in a Mik & Druk configuration ... if you know what you're doing it can take some seriously class pics ... even in full on Mik & Druk mode it still takes awesome pictures.

rols
15-06-10, 02:12 PM
That would be my vote (no offence :) ) the Olympus is seriaas power in a Mik & Druk configuration ... if you know what you're doing it can take some seriously class pics ... even in full on Mik & Druk mode it still takes awesome pictures.
Must admit it's a good little camera. Morne has one and all the pics on the site is from that one.
I'd love to see how the Fujifilm performs, because if the price of R1200.00 is correct, then it definitely seems affordable.

Ryan
15-06-10, 02:57 PM
Must admit it's a good little camera. Morne has one and all the pics on the site is from that one.
I'd love to see how the Fujifilm performs, because if the price of R1200.00 is correct, then it definitely seems affordable.

Ok lakka.. That Fujifilm is a really good price! The olympus seems indestructable, and when on the water I'm not keen to take chances... Maybe the olympus price will drop some more..:D Hopefully!!

damage
15-06-10, 02:59 PM
got my olumpus overseas
almost 50% cheaper than the sa price with a case and card thrown in mahala

Ryan
15-06-10, 03:01 PM
Problem is bringing in electronics and I'm not overseas..;)