PDA

View Full Version : Tri Taper lines.. alternatives?

Machann
16-03-11, 01:38 PM
Hi guys

Does anyone fish Wulff Tri Taper Lines and are they worth the money? Any other lines you would recommend looking at for floating 5wt?
What would also be a good matching reel?

Thanks

MCC
16-03-11, 01:59 PM
Hi there

The Lee Wulff lines are awesome and well worth the money. There are quite a few other brands on the market and all the top end stuff is worth buying - Sci Anglers, Cortland, Hardy etc

I would stay away from the cheaper lines and for a floater wouldn't reccommend an Airflo.

Reels....... that's a different story alltogether. :D

Cheers
MC

Machann
17-03-11, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the help MCC.

Andre
17-03-11, 09:53 PM
Hi guys

Does anyone fish Wulff Tri Taper Lines and are they worth the money? Any other lines you would recommend looking at for floating 5wt?
What would also be a good matching reel?

Thanks

I have heard good things about these lines, and after Mc's comment, I am now even more keen to give it a try.
For your 5wt floater that you are looking for, what do you intend doing with it? Stillwater, nymphing etc, as there are probably different lines that would be marginally better suited to differnt applications. If you are going to be nymphing for yellowfish, I would probably look at a line with a low streach property, but for stillwater fishing, perhaps a line with a little more streach.
It might just be me, but I tend to look at lines quite critically.