Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sterkies: 27-31 Jan 2012

Talking Sterkies: 27-31 Jan 2012

We will be fishing Sterkies from 27-31 Jan.

Staying at Qwantani.

Anybody else fishing there during the same period?

Pop me a PM and we can hook-up for a beer or braai and exchange some fishy tales.

Unhappy

Hey Barend,
    Will be up there the same wknd, with a group of 4 friends. Only trouble is that there is the Tourette sight fishing comp the same wknd, so we will be sharing the dam with another 20-30 anglers.....

Quote Originally Posted by sofly View Post
    Only trouble is that there is the Tourette sight fishing comp the same wknd, so we will be sharing the dam with another 20-30 anglers.....

Great, will you guys also be at Quantani?

Will b in contact closer to the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sofly View Post
    Hey Barend,
    Will be up there the same wknd, with a group of 4 friends. Only trouble is that there is the Tourette sight fishing comp the same wknd, so we will be sharing the dam with another 20-30 anglers.....
    I was on Sterks this past weekend, during the first leg of that same comp. I saw two or three other boats the entire weekend, the place is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by saml View Post
    I was on Sterks this past weekend, during the first leg of that same comp. I saw two or three other boats the entire weekend, the place is huge.
    How was the fishing?

-------------------------

Feedback from Jonathan regarding the Mavungana 13-16 Jan trip:

"Our Sterkies trip was great little bi of Iffy weather but on the first and last day good light and excellent sightfishing. I have been fishing it for 15 years and I must say I have noticed the fish are becoming pressurised and painfully spooky – a consequence of the Vaal being shot and every Tom Dick and Harry heading off there so inevitable I guess.
    Have fun and tight lines
    Best
    Jono"

riend of mine was there the past weekend.also said he hardly saw guys there,but apparently weather ws not the best.They managed loads of fish,he said it was good going.

Quote Originally Posted by saml View Post
    Hey Sam,

Saw your pics on FB, flippin awesome man! You guys looked like you had a great time.
    Well done on that sizer!

yes Geoff and Laurence will be there at quantani friday night to sunday will be in a white prado. Barend feel free to join us for beers wine whiskey fishy stories and braai.

Have a great time Barend. Sounds like most of Gauteng is going to be there over the next 6 weeks.
    Andrew Schlosser

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left - Seasick Steve

Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey View Post
    yes Geoff and Laurence will be there at quantani friday night to sunday will be in a white prado. Barend feel free to join us for beers wine whiskey fishy stories and braai.
    Quote Originally Posted by schloshd1 View Post
    Have a great time Barend. Sounds like most of Gauteng is going to be there over the next 6 weeks.
    Thanx Andrew. I took today off, packing, washing fly-lines [a 1st time ever], getting a few more flies done, and discarding a LOT of stuff that I have gathered up over time...

Geoff, PM sent, looks like we will be having a very good FlyTalk attendance; hopefully there are nobody at Sterkies that took the brawl thread too serious

Just spoke to Dave Weaver as well.

Really looking forward to the extended weekend.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast