Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Richtersveld advice please

I have been to tatasberg cam, and fished there. The fishing is as good as any other, but the problem with the camp site, is that there is no shade. No trees or anything. You would have to set up a gazeebo or something. The chalets are rustic, but good.
    My advice, is that if you are camping, get yourself to de Hoop for as long as possible. The fishing options are good, although not as much or varied as Pooitjiespram, but enough for a good few days. The fishing at Pooitjies is better in my opinion, as there are a few kilometers of good runs and rapids withing walking distance of your camp, whereas de Hoop has two major fishable rapide, of aboyut 100m each, separated by large pools and laminer flows. The problem with de Hoop, is if the river is too high to wade accross, you can miss the best fishing water, but as I said, enough water to keep you busy. Theres also some really nice largemouth opportunities.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Thanks Andre.I have been palnning this trip more a long time and every year something comes up.Not This time.I will be going between aug/oct this year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2