Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Knellpoort dam.Wepener

Ive got some great pics somewhere of very big fish we got during my student years when we discovered this place as a flyfishing venue.

When the water is low, you can catch yellows on the "flats" almost like bonefish... seriously good fishing anytime of the year, since there is a lot of areas protected from wind and also some good rocky ledges.

Lots of carp and massive barbel as well!!

Legend place!

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Where do you catch bass in your area John?
    There is a nice dam on a guys farm near Thaba nchu.Holds some ok fish.I am not a bass fan though as i caught way too many as a child so i dont bother much with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Troep View Post
    Ive got some great pics somewhere of very big fish we got during my student years when we discovered this place as a flyfishing venue.

When the water is low, you can catch yellows on the "flats" almost like bonefish... seriously good fishing anytime of the year, since there is a lot of areas protected from wind and also some good rocky ledges.

Lots of carp and massive barbel as well!!

Legend place!
    Troep,its been bad for long enough there now,its about time the fishing improved.There are thousands of small fish and that is a very good sign.
    I think you guys got the best of the dam way back when,but I believe it will return to that state in the near future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2