Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your best time to fish

And then you get that pupal drift just after 3pm..

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    And then you get that pupal drift just after 3pm..
    Our schools get out at 2:15
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

My general experience is that the morning session produces well since the water is still cool at said time in the waters we usually fish. In the afternoon, especially on hot days, the fish seem to move to areas where it is cooler.

Fish spots where overhangs create shade and fish water that is deeper. Find cooler water for the afternoon session. Generally the fish move from the shallow water and any area where the water is warmer to areas more suited.

I've caught fish in the afternoon in very peculiar places like one example I dropped a fly in a piece of fast flowing water in a channel between rocks 25cm's wide and bang, 2kg yellow. It didn't even look like it could fit in there.

Fishing dries at dawn and letting it float under overhanging branches have also been effective.

I actually enjoy the afternoon session.

Just an opinion which have served me well in the past.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

My best fishing have always been in the afternoon, but its a bit of a biased opinion because I just like that kind of day more. I used to joke with some friends that yellowish simply just don't feed before 9am (to get some more sleep in myself)
    Streamer fishing rules!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianNel View Post
    I used to joke with some friends that yellowish simply just don't feed before 9am (to get some more sleep in myself)
    Such lazy fishermen on this forum...

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    My general experience is that the morning session produces well since the water is still cool at said time in the waters we usually fish. In the afternoon, especially on hot days, the fish seem to move to areas where it is cooler.

Fish spots where overhangs create shade and fish water that is deeper. Find cooler water for the afternoon session. Generally the fish move from the shallow water and any area where the water is warmer to areas more suited.

I've caught fish in the afternoon in very peculiar places like one example I dropped a fly in a piece of fast flowing water in a channel between rocks 25cm's wide and bang, 2kg yellow. It didn't even look like it could fit in there.

Fishing dries at dawn and letting it float under overhanging branches have also been effective.

I actually enjoy the afternoon session.

Just an opinion which have served me well in the past.
    Thanks W, some good stuff there to keep in mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2