Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Polo 1.4 Comfortline vs Kia Rio 1.4

Default Polo 1.4 Comfortline vs Kia Rio 1.4

Hi Guys

I am looking for new wheels and been considering the either the Polo 1.4 Comfortline or the Kia Rio 1.4. Today i took the Polo for a test drive and was really impressed. Kia beats the Polo on finishes though but driving it, not sure if it was just me, i found the Rio a bit sluggish. Put foot and wait wondering when the power will arrive. The Polo i found far more responsive. Any of you guys own one of these ? Happy? Not Happy?

Thanks

Pierre

Thumbs up Excellent POLO

I would rate the Polo as one of the best vehicles that I have owned and my son has just bought the 1.4 and really loves it.
    I think from a longevity point of view and trade in later the VW wins hands down.

I brand vehicles for a certain company from time to time.
    I do get to drive some of the cars. They used to only buy the VW Polo 1.6 Comfort and then they started buying the Fiesta 1.6 and of late they brought in the Hyundai i30.

All of a sudden all their reps now want the i30? Why?
    It's bigger, it has everything you would want in it from leather seats, to ABS.
    It looks better than the Polo and yes it drives better too. Oh and did I mention with all the extras that it's cheaper than the Polo?

The little Kia is beautiful, but not in 1.4.

If you up the budget and you look at the 1.6 Market then my first choice would be the i30 and then the Polo. I am not biased, I had my fair share of VW's and there is nothing wrong with them. This opinion is based on what do you get for your hard earned cash....

In all aspects the i30 wins hands down.

Broaden your scope Pierre paying R176.000 for a 1.4 is wrong on many levels, and to be honest VW have stiff competition out there in this market segment. Glad you have KIA on your list but, look at Renault,Hyudai,ford even go look at GWM offering, VW reputation is solid i agree but they are overpriced and underspeced, i know the comfort line has A/C but if you wanted to add it at the entry level spec it would cost 10k, get out there and look at the other alternatives you will save R30-50K or you will at best get a car for the same price as aVW with all the extras thrown in.....

My wife had a VW 1.4 for many years, and loved it,but when it came to buying a new one we both just laughed at the pricing,the wife wanted a 1.6 VW sedan and it was a touch under R200K So we went to nissan bought a 1 year old 1.6 Qasqui for R170k.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Broaden your scope Pierre paying R176.000 for a 1.4 is wrong on many levels, and to be honest VW have stiff competition out there in this market segment. Glad you have KIA on your list but, look at Renault,Hyudai,ford even go look at GWM offering, VW reputation is solid i agree but they are overpriced and underspeced, i know the comfort line has A/C but if you wanted to add it at the entry level spec it would cost 10k, get out there and look at the other alternatives you will save R30-50K or you will at best get a car for the same price as aVW with all the extras thrown in.....

My wife had a VW 1.4 for many years, and loved it,but when it came to buying a new one we both just laughed at the pricing,the wife wanted a 1.6 VW sedan and it was a touch under R200K So we went to nissan bought a 1 year old 1.6 Qasqui for R170k.
    Did you say Renault!!! SHOCK, HORROR - Friends don't let friends drive french cars.

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    Did you say Renault!!! SHOCK, HORROR - Friends don't let friends drive french cars.
    LOL..... i know South Afrcans struggle with the idea that there are other car brands out there other than VW, Toyota and Isuzui
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Nic ol buddy ol pal its a Isuzu not Isuzui. I know the enjins are made in Japan but leave Isuzui alone, he must concentrate on designing new stuff!!!!!!

YES - IT IS ISUZU - GET IT RIGHT!

They were so called because when you turn the key they go:

Isuzuzuzuzuzuzuzu Isuzuzuzuzuzuzu Isuzuzuzuzuzuzuz

Sorry my bad.....Isuzu, I think you get my point though
    James Boswell.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    LOL..... i know South Afrcans struggle with the idea that there are other car brands out there other than VW, Toyota and Isuzui
    No nick, they really are just sh1t cars!

I had a Peugeot and learnt the hard way! And my boss is learning the same lesson now with his new Renault Megane. Bought out the box and its spent more time in the garage than on the road.

If you ever want an indication of longevity and reliability take a gander at what the rental car companies use in there fleet. Im pretty sure you wont find many french cars in the mix there...
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast