Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fish in the Jukskei

the croc river near lansaria has some yellows and and some massive carp . I haven't landed any but i have hooked carp there and seen guys get yellows on worms . The jukskei near crawford lonehill once had alot of carp but i haven't been down there in years . I remeber seeing a guy catch a koi there wen i was in grade 2 so 2002 .

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Factor View Post
    me and a mate fishe Delta park last year, we got into k*k after catching 2 snapper turtles hahahah THEN saw there was a no fishing sigh behind us (then means before) hahahahahah

we got some barbel ,carp and some good kurper
    Getting into k*k at delta park is par for the course. Many moons ago a friend and I hopped over the fence at the scout/brownies camp one evening. We watched all the brownies and troop leaders get undressed and have a shower. We then moved around the building and watched them all get dressed again. It was a very pleasant evening until one of us made a noise and they heard us. I never thought I would be able to jump a six foot fence with a single touch but I did. Adrenalin is a wonderful thing ;-)
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Getting into k*k at delta park is par for the course. Many moons ago a friend and I hopped over the fence at the scout/brownies camp one evening. We watched all the brownies and troop leaders get undressed and have a shower. We then moved around the building and watched them all get dressed again. It was a very pleasant evening until one of us made a noise and they heard us. I never thought I would be able to jump a six foot fence with a single touch but I did. Adrenalin is a wonderful thing ;-)
    Were they female at least?
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Were they female at least?
    Oh yes ;-) I think its actually girl guides and not brownies - these were girls around 12 - 14 with women in their early 20's looking after them. Quite an impressive sight when you about 12 ;-)
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

"Click" you are a "voyeur" of note .

Wish I was there .
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

About 35 years ago we stayed close to the Parkview Golf course. I spent many happy afternoons collecting golf balls out of the Braamfonteinspruit to sell to my uncles who both played golf. We then moved to Parkhurst and I spent nearly every afternoon after school walking my dog next to the spruit and around the Delta park area. We used to explore the entire area and I remember on many occasions floating/swimming down the river for several kilometres and then climbing out at one of the bridges and walking home. I used to fish the spruit occasionally but I cannot remember what species of fish I caught. Does anyone know if you still get fish (if so what species) in the spruit or has it also been destroyed by pollution?
    There are still some very sizable barbel in the spruit. probably a few Kgs. In the 20 years I've been visiting the spruit I haven't seen anything other than barbel.

Hi all,
    I did a canoe race on the lower Jukskei river on sunday. we started at Fridays farm and ended at haarties.
    It was an interested day out with river looking very nice. I didn't see any rises but that is quite typical for race day.
    what was a little worrying was the fact that the river is very discoloured. Viz was right down to about 10cm.
    I think that if the clarity sorts itself out you should be able to find Yellows very soon in that stretch.

I live, in Victory Park just opposite Parkhurst / Parkview ... and often walk along spruit. Still alot of barbel, carp (and koi) in that streach ... also quite a few bass (especially if you head down a week or two after bottom dams at emmarentia have flooded/spilled over).

About 35 years ago we stayed close to the Parkview Golf course. I spent many happy afternoons collecting golf balls out of the Braamfonteinspruit to sell to my uncles who both played golf. We then moved to Parkhurst and I spent nearly every afternoon after school walking my dog next to the spruit and around the Delta park area. We used to explore the entire area and I remember on many occasions floating/swimming down the river for several kilometres and then climbing out at one of the bridges and walking home. I used to fish the spruit occasionally but I cannot remember what species of fish I caught. Does anyone know if you still get fish (if so what species) in the spruit or has it also been destroyed by pollution?
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

hahaha Darryl... this is too funny!!! I can't even picture you running now, let alone jumping a wall...:biggrin:
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

Anyone ever did the Hennops Hiking Trail?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast