Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Meet the Rotenone experts.... 1 March 2012

Default Meet the Rotenone experts.... Date 1 March 2012

From Dean Impson...

Hi all

I would like to find out whether you are interested in meeting Brian Finlayson and Jarle Steinkjer, two international experts in the use of piscicides for fisheries management and conservation purposes, this Thursday evening. They can give short presentations on projects they have been involved with and answer any questions you have on the negative and positive aspects of rotenone treatments. They are keen to meet with interested anglers.

If there is sufficient interest from anglers, please let me know, and if so, would it be possible to host the meeting at CPS offices from 6pm onwards?

Please also take note that the Rondegat fish rehabilitation project treatment, which was scheduled for Tuesday this week, has been moved to Wednesday (29 Feb) at the request of Brian Finlayson.

Regards
    Dean Impson

RSVP : dimpson@capenature.co.za

UPDATED!!!!!
    Hi All,

I have just spoken to Dean who is out at Clanwilliam.

We will hold this meeting at my offices on the 1st March (this Thursday) at 18h00.

Dean has mentioned that this will be a question and answer session, with a report back on the Rondegat Project.

Could I please ask that anyone who wished to attend, please email and advise me accordingly.

Kind regards,
    Craig Fraser
    RSVP : craig@itscomputers.co.za

Venue : http://www.itscomputers.co.za/Pages/Contact.html
    Last edited by BuzzLiteBeer; 02-03-12 at 09:09 PM.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

I'd love to meet the poisoners...preferably far up a kloof

Quote Originally Posted by Fario View Post
    I'd love to meet the poisoners...preferably far up a kloof
    Amen! Maybe we can ask them to take a dip in their Rotenone treated waters!

Work in Zambia... live in Notties, KZN Midlands.

May be a bit heavy for a Monday morning...

What are the effects of rotenone on DNA and the cell damage to animals / people ?
    If Roundup can still cause cancer and DNA damage when diluted 99.8%, what damage is going to be done to those animals that drink the water or fisherman ?

Everyone is concerned about the killing of trout, but what are the long term effects on us and animals further done te food chain ?
    "Ex Africa simper aliquid novi" - Pliny the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by JCD View Post
    May be a bit heavy for a Monday morning...

What are the effects of rotenone on DNA and the cell damage to animals / people ?
    If Roundup can still cause cancer and DNA damage when diluted 99.8%, what damage is going to be done to those animals that drink the water or fisherman ?

Everyone is concerned about the killing of trout, but what are the long term effects on us and animals further done te food chain ?
    Now you'll have your chance to ask the experts.
    Last edited by BuzzLiteBeer; 27-02-12 at 04:26 PM.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

Here are all the relevant Rotenone threads that are left. The important ones we're deleted after Dean tried to persuade Flytalk of his obsession to kill an entire ecosystem and re-establish aquatic life from scratch. The important ones we're consequently deleted per Dean's request I presume after getting a severe beating from Flytalk on the subject. I remember as I was one of the floggers and still have not changed my view on the subject. Idiocracy since 2007 and he actually still persist.

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/searc...earchid=792645

The thread will probably be deleted again if I give my opinion.

So now we have "Expert idiots". Reinforcements. hmmmm

my 2c
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Here's a novel idea. How about we nuke the entire African continent and re-stock with the original inhabitants. Africa the way it was. Same principle.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Long live the trout in South Africa.
    "The best way to shrink a fish is with with a ruler - the best way to grow a fish is with a beer."

Quote Originally Posted by justinm View Post
    long live the trout in south africa.
    viva! !!! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    Here are all the relevant Rotenone threads that are left. The important ones we're deleted after Dean tried to persuade Flytalk of his obsession to kill an entire ecosystem and re-establish aquatic life from scratch. The important ones we're consequently deleted per Dean's request I presume after getting a severe beating from Flytalk on the subject. I remember as I was one of the floggers and still have not changed my view on the subject. Idiocracy since 2007 and he actually still persist.

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/searc...earchid=792645

The thread will probably be deleted again if I give my opinion.

So now we have "Expert idiots". Reinforcements. hmmmm

my 2c
    I don't recall any threads being deleted but maybe I am wrong? If this one wasn't deleted then I wonder about the others?
    http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showt...light=Rotenone
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast