Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Largie:help estimate

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    The picture attached, is a fish of also about 90cm, and weighting in at 10 pounds, (weighed in a net scale) Both fish seem to be of similar size, althought e largie in the thread might be a bit fatter. I would be carefull at putting it at 9 to 10 killos, thats between 20 and 22 pounds, and a fish that size, would be a tank. I would estimate at between 10 and 12 pounds, or between 5 and 6 kilo's... or thereabouts, but a 20 pounder?...mmmm nah.
    Yes, but is MC as big as Mark???
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Yes, but is MC as big as Mark???
    If he's 6'2" or so then maybee

For a little context this fish is 3kg exactly weighed in a claibrated Maclean.
    That fatty is alot bigger!!
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

Andre you are completely clueless at gauging weight, stick to fingerling and pans size stuff please. That fish is a solid 20lb fish,awesome!

John, you don't say fork or total so that part is confusing but nonetheless a monster of note. To give you an idea, a largie of 68cm fork and 40cm girth is a 10lb fish give or take. Below is a 11lb fish. (weighed with a boga )

Having never caught a largie before.....i cant see that weighing 1okg"s.....i would guess 7.5kg at a push.....
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Sjo G Daai's 'n pis groot vis.

Knowing Gerrit's size and seeing that that fish's head is the size of his hand - that is a beeeg fish. Nicely done.

John,
    9kg easily!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2