Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Largie:help estimate

Default Largie:help estimate

I gents
    A bait angling friend of mine caught this awesome largie near gariepdam.He did not have a scale but luckily measured it at 90cm,and it is a real fat fish.I said at least 9kg,but with that slightly more rounded body i believ it could be over 10 kilos.Anyone give better feedback on estimates.
    He caught it on a carp fillet in very deep water and released it safely (like I told him to do if he ever caught one)
    For a bit of scale,Faizel is probably the size of Mark De Jager.

Incase you were wondering,the kiepnet was out so that he could fillet another carp,but did not get around to it when the largie took.

M D J does not like you anymore.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

He is the only guy on the forum i have met that most might know and have seen.Sorry Mark if i used you incorrectly as a reference

Nice fish, glad it went back safely.....I hope?!?. I would say 10 is pretty spot on.
    ".....angling is a sport that requires as much enthusiasm as poetry, as much patience as mathematics and as much caution as housbreaking". - James Rennie 1883

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    He is the only guy on the forum i have met that most might know and have seen.Sorry Mark if i used you incorrectly as a reference
    Hahahahahahahahahah
    My first time being a yardstick :P
    Bloody good fish that, I'd be weary of putting a 10 on it though.
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

Probably 8 bags of Hullets sugar I would say.
    Last edited by redhumpy; 01-03-12 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    M D J does not like you anymore.
    Ive never "liked" him Dave, but he is fun to fish with
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

The picture attached, is a fish of also about 90cm, and weighting in at 10 pounds, (weighed in a net scale) Both fish seem to be of similar size, althought e largie in the thread might be a bit fatter. I would be carefull at putting it at 9 to 10 killos, thats between 20 and 22 pounds, and a fish that size, would be a tank. I would estimate at between 10 and 12 pounds, or between 5 and 6 kilo's... or thereabouts, but a 20 pounder?...mmmm nah.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Thanks,good info there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast