Thread: Orange @ Upington

Default Orange @ Upington

Hi guys, I am in Upington for the easter weekend. Can anyone give me some pointers as to where I can fish? Drove to Kanoneiland this afternoon. Some nice spots at the bridges but no proper parking- could be dodgy to leave your car next to the road there. Regards Stef

Hi Stef,

Not sure where else. I did the same a year or so ago, just parked the car at the bridge and fished those runs upstream from the bridge. I was happy to leave the car there. Hope you come right.

Hi, did you catch anyting at that spot?

Default Fly fishing Upington

Quote Originally Posted by johan marais View Post
    Hi, did you catch anyting at that spot?
    Fished at Upington some time ago. Good spot is right in town underneath the railway bridge. Get a cano from the caravan park or near hotel and row up towards the bridge. sort of middle stream. plenty small rapids with lots of barbel late evening.
    Wet Nets!

Or drift down from Sakkie se Arkie. Happy juice in the one hand and fly rod in the other.
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 26-09-12 at 10:51 PM.

Another nice spot is when you travel from Upington towards Keimoes after about 15-25km you get the Kanon Eiland turnoff on your left, take it. Head towards both bridges. Good rapids, slow and fast runs, some good gravel beds in about 1-1.2m of water. Both of these spot are just below weirs in the river.
    Last edited by MR.GT; 27-09-12 at 08:43 AM.
    So tell me.... How Big's yours?

Ja that's on the N14 side, via Louisvale is another option but be careful that is serious water and not to be underestimated! :wink: