Thread: Fishing Orange river near Oranjemund..

Default Fishing Orange river near Oranjemund..

This holiday I'm hopefully going fishing plus minus 100km upstream from Oranjemund. I am not really sure witch method to use since I've only caught Bass on fly. Could you maybe give tips on good places, flys and methods I can use. I am also not sure on positioning close to rapids etc. Help will be much appreciated.
    Thanx

If you Re 100 kays up from Oranjemund, you will be in the Richtersveld National park. Theres plenty of info on the site about tyhis area, just do a search, and use the normal yellowfish techniques as described in hundreds of posts about the Vaal and Orange. At this time of year, you probably going to have quite cold water conditions, and the yellowfish will be in the deeper slower sections. Don't bother with the rapids until at least late August.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

I'm going on the namibian side that's why I asked for nice spots and thakns for the info but there aren't a lot of really helpful threads unfortunately