Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Northen Cape Yellows

My fisrt stop is in Kim, but i dont know for how long. maybe for 3- 4 hours.But as for k a kamas i wil be staying for the night and in douglas maybe,and what abou Upington? above or belowe the falls? i will give you a pm when i got all the info and feedback from the clients on the road.But thanks alot for all the help. As for the current weather and season- types of flies, methodes, should i target smallmouths or large mouths ect...

I stayed at Die Mas van K a kamas just before Christmas. One of the vehicles in our convoy broke down and we were grounded there for a few days. Great access to the river, but I was extremely disappointed in the fishing. I didn't get a chance to fish very much, but when I did, I didn't catch anything at all. I tried NZ style and mono nymphing. My brother-in-law threw spinners for hours in the deeper water and also came up empty handed.

May well have been lack of experience in the area.

There was a fantastic place further down river with much better facilities. Just before you cross the river coming from Jhb side, there is a dirt road to the right. The resort is about 20kms along that road. They were full at the time so we couldn't stay there. The bloke at reception said the fishing there is usually very good.

The areas around k akamas and Keimoes have been very heavilly poached by local people. One has to be able to explore quite far and wide to find decent fishing. Some of the fishing guiding operations that used to operate from these areas have moved ther operations away, and are taking clients further afield. Having said all this, it's still definately worth a try.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

I was in close vicinity to the are in May and what struct me was how many locals frequented the banks. Every single exposed bank had anglers on! I spent 3 days on the water and didn't have a sniff.

Thats realybad, some of my friend was working on a farm next to the river and they say that the river was full of life and rises everywere. But i wil deffenetily go and try my luck. the rivier there wio be clean this time of there. so i think itfull camo on and steay clear from the shallows and into the deeper pool then.an this in Potchefstroom and wil be at Vaalbos this next 4 days. wil try my luck and post some photos with my luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2