Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Northen Cape Yellows

Default Northen Cape Yellows

Hi Guys, i am fortuned to go on the road for the next few weeks on bussnes in the Northen Cape. starting in kimberley an all the way to Springbok, ***amas, Keimoes, Vanderkloofdam, And Rietrivier. do any body know good veneus and lodges to stay for some afternoon fishing for some nice pre season yellows.? please send me details and some idees where els to go.

erich pienaar

Quote Originally Posted by Erich pienaar View Post
    Hi Guys, i am fortuned to go on the road for the next few weeks on bussnes in the Northen Cape. starting in kimberley an all the way to Springbok, ***amas, Keimoes, Vanderkloofdam, And Rietrivier. do any body know good veneus and lodges to stay for some afternoon fishing for some nice pre season yellows.? please send me details and some idees where els to go.

erich pienaar
    Hi Erich

Skip VanderKloof and give PC Ferreira a call on 082 5679211. He has a farm on the Seecow River, 23Km North of Hanover. He offers comfortable farm accomodation. The river is hardly ever fished! Watch out for the hippos.......seriously!
    Last edited by Chris Shelton; 03-07-12 at 06:24 PM.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

If passing by Richmond (60km South of Hanover) on your travels, do pop in for a quick visit. I'd love to chat to you.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    If passing by Richmond (60km South of Hanover) on your travels, do pop in for a quick visit. I'd love to chat to you.
    GPS co orrdinates ,please.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Firstly, Welcome Back Herr Shelton. You've been very quiet, for a very long time!

As to the original post. Kimberly area, Lillydale Lodge.

For the rest PM ChrisVdP on the forum. Between him and Klaas they know all those waters like the backs of their hands.

Good luck and tight lines.

Must admit I'm mighty jealous.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Agreed, Lillydale for sure.

Do lunch on the veranda overlooking the rappids. Slow service but worth the wait.

Thomas

"If you always do, what you always did, you will always get, what you always got."

Thank Guys
    You say Lillydale is a good stop.Must say i have readabout it in the magazines a lot...The Rietriver??????
    And around ***amas and keimoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Erich pienaar View Post
    Thank Guys
    You say Lillydale is a good stop.Must say i have readabout it in the magazines a lot...The Rietriver?????? YESAnd around ***amas and keimoes?
    As I said, get hold of Chris Van derPost. If you don't have any joy, PM me and I will reply with his number.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

The Riet is pretty good but you'll have to check with one of the guys who's fishes it often as too what the current conditions are - it's been very up and down over the last few seasons. Low flo, reeded up, high flow, no reeds, murky, clear etc.

On another note was is amusing is that I can type "shit" and it's fine but try and type k a k as in ***amas and you get censored
    Check your knots!

I missed this thread somehow, Lilydale is always a good option when you are in Kimberley.

***amas and Keimoes has many entry points, It's been a while since I fished close to the two towns, but there was a place "die mas van ***amas" where we did a short drift from, pretty good rapids and lots of fish. Don't know if they still do this but there are a couple of riverside "lodges" that can give you access to the river at both towns.

As for the Vanderkloof side of your trip, thats my backyard... Most of the fishing is on private property and pretty tough to get access to, give me a pm with the dates that you will be there and I will see what I can sort out for you.

With regard to the Riet, where will you be staying when you want to target the River, remember, it's a long river, I will be fishing on the Riet on Saturday, and crossed it last week, its running clear and not to low at present. This is however close to Jagersfontein and about 200km East of the N12.

I will gladly help if you can give me some more info on where you will be and when. I can help with most of your worries between Ghariep dam and Douglas on the Orange.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast