Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The fly shop closing down sale

Default The fly shop closing down sale

Hey Everyone,

Mark Yelland has asked me to post the following on his behalf,

The Fly Shop in Johannesburg will be closing at the end of July 2012, we thank all our loyal clients and friends for their wonderful support over many years.
    Mark will continue his work with the “ Mark Yelland Fly Fishing Academy and Guiding Service “ and has been busy with corporate and private clients, arranging guided and hosted trips both locally and abroad. The Fly Shop are having a Clearance Sale with all stock going at retail less 50 % starting Monday 23rd and ending Saturday the 28th of July.

Thank You
    Mark Yelland
    011 706 3894/0482
    083 616 0505

Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by river_runs_through_it View Post
    Hey Everyone,

The Fly Shop in Johannesburg will be closing at the end of July 2012, we thank all our loyal clients and friends for their wonderful support over many years.
    Mark will continue his work with the “ Mark Yelland Fly Fishing Academy and Guiding Service “ and has been busy with corporate and private clients, arranging guided and hosted trips both locally and abroad. The Fly Shop are having a Clearance Sale with all stock going at retail less 50 % starting Monday 23rd and ending Saturday the 28th of July.

Thank You
    Mark Yelland
    011 706 3894/0482
    083 616 0505
    How much will the Sage Click reels go for?

Quote Originally Posted by river_runs_through_it View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Thank You
    Mark Yelland
    011 706 3894/0482
    083 616 0505

Just want to thank you for waiting for me yesterday evening, I really appreciate it. :-)

I would advise anyone that they buy rather carefully ... I just got a pair of Stealth Deluxe Felt wading boots on "special" for R950.00. That means the boots in their pre-50% off state would have been R1900.00. I HIGHLY doubt this is the RRP for these boots. Might just have been taken for a nice long ride, but let this serve as a warning to some perhaps.

Their website shows this: http://www.flyshops.co.za/shop/index...productId=1277 (R1180) so means sale price should have been R590.

Deluxe RUBBER boot selling for R1160 FULL RETAIL somewhere else ...

OUCH!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    I would advise anyone that they buy rather carefully ... I just got a pair of Stealth Deluxe Felt wading boots on "special" for R950.00. That means the boots in their pre-50% off state would have been R1900.00. I HIGHLY doubt this is the RRP for these boots. Might just have been taken for a nice long ride, but let this serve as a warning to some perhaps.

Their website shows this: http://www.flyshops.co.za/shop/index...productId=1277 (R1180) so means sale price should have been R590.

OUCH!
    Did your deal include some vaseline? At least you helped a fellow FF out. I will be popping in later the week, hopefully for a bargain.

Thomas

"If you always do, what you always did, you will always get, what you always got."

Quote Originally Posted by thomasvdb View Post
    Did your deal include some vaseline? At least you helped a fellow FF out. I will be popping in later the week, hopefully for a bargain.
    Vaseline was another R35 extra - RRP was R28 a tub!
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

OUCH!
    Hi Mario

Both those websites are derelict.

And if that's what you are paying for Stealth at full retail, there is only one way to go.

Regards
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    Hi Mario

Both those websites are derelict.

And if that's what you are paying for Stealth at full retail, there is only one way to go.

Regards
    Agreed Mike - but I know the RRP is around R1300 for those boots. This is what happens when you don't deal with a premium shop. I'll take this hiding, but will remember the lesson well.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Is there any Gloomis rods for sale?

OUCH!
    Just looking at this another way - maybe the 9 and the 5 got transposed ???

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast