Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Whats happening in Calitzdorp dam????

Booger Rose Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JAG View Post
    Thanks will do.

Have any one Fished the Koos Raubenheimer Dam near Oudtshoorn?

I do know that it contains good population Bass but are there any Yellows??
    No yellows, but high in feeder stream you might pick up a troot or two - maybe.

Booger Rose Banned User

Fished the Olifants today, water is flowing beautifully, stil a bit dirty. Got a couple of bass and hooked one monster yellow. In a couple of weeks the rivers will be fishing great.

Fishing should be good, all the dams are chokin block full at the moment so expect clear water.

The gamka will be very good now, and also the lower gouritz. I have not fished the rivers there in more than 2 years and last time there was hardly any flow and very dirty.

There is trout in one of the inlets to one of the dams there, but its one for the secret books.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

How do one get access to the rivers ??

Quote Originally Posted by JAG View Post
    How do one get access to the rivers ??
    Poach. jy is mos baie goed daar mee.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Booger Rose View Post
    No yellows, but high in feeder stream you might pick up a troot or two - maybe.
    Cant understand, the feeder streams may hold trout, but not the stillwater. Does just not seem as though anybody has relevant facts pertaining to these waters. If they are feeder streams ,the stillwater should hold trout.
    DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Booger Rose Banned User

The yellows are moving onto the gravel beds nicely, water temp is going up. The water is still dirty after the flood, but I think in two weeks time the fishing will be excellent in the rivers.

To get good access you need to know the right people, that takes time!

Olifants river is easy access, good water below Oudtshoorn with various roads and bridges to explore.

Tomorow I'm fishing the upper Gourits, really looking fw to bagging a couple of nice yellows, SM bass and maybe a big carp. Hope the water is a bit clearer than the olifants, I love doing sight fishing in these waters.

Booger Rose Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Cant understand, the feeder streams may hold trout, but not the stillwater. Does just not seem as though anybody has relevant facts pertaining to these waters. If they are feeder streams ,the stillwater should hold trout.
    DAVE
    Dont know the science, but my personnal believe is that the water in the dam is just to warm. the feeder streams is cool throughout the year. Just my 2c.

Jy maak my baie jaloers.

Kan nie wag om daar te kom nie.

Booger Rose Banned User

Fished upper Gourits today. Yellows started moving in to the shallows, had lots of fun with the smaller fish - stopped counting. Also took a beast of a SM Bass. the water is just a bit dirty, but in two weeks time this part of the river will fish great!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast