Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Whats happening in Calitzdorp dam????

Default Whats happening in Calitzdorp dam????

Hi

I am planing a trip to the Oudtshoorn Calitz dorp area, during the Oct holidays. I have read the threads on Calitzdorp dam but some suggested that the fishing wasnt good lately.

Do any one have some recent info on the fishing.

As far as I know Seam Mills and Mark Kriege fished a river near Calizdorp when they made their Yellowfish DVD, suggest you drop them a line as the river fishing looked very good.

Thanks will do.

Have any one Fished the Koos Raubenheimer Dam near Oudtshoorn?

I do know that it contains good population Bass but are there any Yellows??

Quote Originally Posted by JAG View Post
    Thanks will do.

Have any one Fished the Koos Raubenheimer Dam near Oudtshoorn?

I do know that it contains good population Bass but are there any Yellows??
    Have been wanting to ff this venue now for 2 years, dislocated my knee and since been on hold. Maybe the comming spring, looking for close camping on the dam itself.
    DAVE(KNEE HAS HEALED)
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Albe give me a shout when you have a spare minute and I'll give you the info that I have.
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Thanks Kev

Will do that.

Hi Dave

I will probably be fishing alone so your are welcome to come and join me.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG View Post
    Hi Dave

I will probably be fishing alone so your are welcome to come and join me.
    Will be great, let me know when. Been trying to get camping/accommadation for the venue. Little feedback from forumers here. Let me know what you come up with, either way.
    DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Hi Cave

Fish eagle resort is on the banks of the dam. Spoke to the owner last night. No need to book they will have space available. The site do not have electricity but toilets ext with green grass ext to camp on. Cost is very reasonable at R60 per site and R 20 PP.

Booger Rose Banned User

You can camp right on the banks of the dam. At moment I'm fishing the rivers in the area, but will not be getting to the dam. Will let you know how the rivers are fishing, normally when the rivers are fishing good, the dam will also be good.

You can also fish the Raubenheimer dam outside of Oudtshoorn for some monster bass - take your float tube.

The rivers all around have good fishing if you know where to go, not worth the effort if you have limited time available. PM me if you want to try out one or two options, it is difficult fishing and the troot are few and far.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast