Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anybody know of spots close to Aliwal North for Yellows?

Just googled it and it seems that I have to go back - the river wants me back

Quote Originally Posted by icstuff View Post
    Isn't Lammergeier a hiking trail?
    Do you fish the river that you hike/drown over?
    The river is actually pretty close to all the places to stay on the KMS, but there are hiking trails yes. You don't have to hike to fish though, no.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Thank you Mario, I am going to give it a try some time.

Quote Originally Posted by icstuff View Post
    Thank you Mario, I am going to give it a try some time.
    Shout if you are in the area. "Having" to show someone around carries far more weight that just going fishing
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    Skip Lelliekloof, one dam is overrun with carp and other's wall burst towards the end of last year.

Lupela, Lammergeier etc are all definitely worth a go.
    Unfortunately doesnt change my feelings on the place.

Complete waste of a trip, absolutely ruined one of only a handful of easter long weekends I have left at this "nothing to tie me down" stage of my life...
    Check your knots!

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    Unfortunately doesnt change my feelings on the place.
    Does not have to, you have the right to feel any way you do about any place you want :-D Does not mean that the fishing it always bad. You just hit it on a miserable time. I knwo the bookings were a bit mixed up as well, so totally understand your feelings.
    Mario Geldenhuys

I will do so, Thank you for the offer!

The Kraai close to town is starting to look good. Went out for a relaxed hour last night with Logan ... caught a number of fish in the following sizes. Hopefully the clarity will improve a little so that we can start to sight and target some of the bigger fish. The smaller guys hoard the fly a little
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mario Geldenhuys

3 WEEKS! Counting down the day!
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    3 WEEKS! Counting down the day!
    This is close to Aliwal Jade, not even getting close to 5km outside of town :-D Imagine the KMS now
    Mario Geldenhuys

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast