Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: O.B.N - Something old, something borrowed, something new (sand shark)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    Yes they do work on other rays.Have landed 9 blue-ray's in one session.And broke a 12wt rod on one.Not one of then sucked on to the bottom.I did not strike but just keep on striping and don't stop until they run (take line).
    Send some pic's please.
    O use a Norman crab on a size 3/0 circle.
    Its what Peter calls the magic carpet ride.
    Thanks for the tips! I have only landed one honey comb on "fly" and it also didn't suck onto the bottom. I hooked onto a trace that was broken off by a bait fisherman while I was untangling a knot in my line, as I started stripping my fly in a minute or tow later to make the next cast I was ON! I was able to remove the hook and trace after landing the ray. Still puzzles me as to how I managed to hook the trace... guess Peter is correct in calling it the magic carpet ride :tongue:
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

Default magic carpet ride

Quote Originally Posted by Ko7Ad View Post
    Thanks for the tips! I have only landed one honey comb on "fly" and it also didn't suck onto the bottom. I hooked onto a trace that was broken off by a bait fisherman while I was untangling a knot in my line, as I started stripping my fly in a minute or tow later to make the next cast I was ON! I was able to remove the hook and trace after landing the ray. Still puzzles me as to how I managed to hook the trace... guess Peter is correct in calling it the magic carpet ride :tongue:
    P1310121.jpg
    P1310122.jpg
    O-yes Peter is right!

jeeze...now that's a duck bill!!!
    bushveld scalies - worth the blood, sweat and tears

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3