Thread: Droe Wors Recipe

Default Droe Wors Recipe

G'day fella's,

It's that time of the year again where we have more time on our hands for buggering around and trying to make new foods.

I'm looking for a very good recipe for droe wors please!
    I've done my research and have a pretty good idea, but its always good to go with those that have done it before rather than reinvent the wheel.
    I've done the trolling through the net and while there is the odd page detailing some stuff, I'm after the real v.d Merwe so to speak, hence my post.

My biltong and boerewors I make have come out sensationally, so I'm going for the trifecta!

Are there any butchers, retired wors kings or even 'huis tannies' on here that could perhaps help out.
    Feel free to put up Afrikaans even - I've got my own personal dictionary I'm married to that will gladly decipher

Thanks guys......will even post some pictures up.

See your PM for a traditional "Suid-Wes Afrika" recipe.

Thanks a ton guys!

Been a few PM's with some beauties.

If I don't roll into the New Year a few kilo's heavier I know I've gotten off lightly.

Just an open question, what casings are you guys using for this.
    I use pork intestines for my boerewors, but they'd be too thick I'd imagine for Droe Wors. Thinking along the lines of sheep or lamb if I can hopefully get hold of some. Tough ask here in Aussie at times.
    Thoughts?

I'm not into those synthetic ones at all, so won't be going that route.

Have a great Christmas everyone.
    Last edited by Kevin James; 19-12-12 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Add some stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtooth View Post
    Thanks a ton guys!

Been a few PM's with some beauties.

If I don't roll into the New Year a few kilo's heavier I know I've gotten off lightly.

Just an open question, what casings are you guys using for this.
    I use pork intestines for my boerewors, but they'd be too thick I'd imagine for Droe Wors. Thinking along the lines of sheep or lamb if I can hopefully get hold of some. Tough ask here in Aussie at times.
    Thoughts?

I'm not into those synthetic ones at all, so won't be going that route.

Have a great Christmas everyone.
    If you get Persian lamb in Australia, problem solved, persian fat is best for wors or stuffed lamb/sheep dishes.Even and prefered as well in wild meat wors/dishes. have a great Christmas as well.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    If you get Persian lamb in Australia, problem solved, persian fat is best for wors or stuffed lamb/sheep dishes.Even and prefered as well in wild meat wors/dishes. have a great Christmas as well.
    Wat weet Pops nou van droe wors af?
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by FCLoretz View Post
    Wat weet Pops nou van droe wors af?
    Ek eet daai goed nadat ek gegooi het, jou drol!!!:wink:
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.