Thread: Keen on a Vaal trip this weekend - 22/23 Dec

Default Keen on a Vaal trip this weekend - 22/23 Dec

Hey guys,

I am absolutely itching to do a bit of fishing this weekend. My regular fishing buddy is out of town. Anyone keen to do a group trip - maybe 2 or 3 of us? (Or more?!) I have always fished Eendekuil but happy (eager) to try new venues. If anyone is keen, reply to this post and let's set something up. I have a double cab so willing to be the taxi.

Thinking of heading down early (say leave at 6.30ish and coming back early evening? I am flexible though.

What day are you thinking about? I am only available on Saturday - My fishing partner is also unavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by icstuff View Post
    What day are you thinking about? I am only available on Saturday - My fishing partner is also unavailable.
    22/23RD Either or iether. Read his post!!:biggrin:
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by icstuff View Post
    Not too fussy so happy to go Saturday. Any preferences as to where to go? I live in Randburg - Randpark. How about you?

Meyerton but I am happy to drive to most venues as long as the road is not that bad. Lets see if there are any other takers before we decide on a venue

Slight glitch - wife has an appointment first thing Sat AM so much watch the sprogs. Will have to either go Sunday or leave Saturday around 9ish.

Next question - I am very familiar with Eendekuil. As an alternative option, where else would you suggest? I have heard of Oord Nebo being quite good?! Your thoughts?

Cant do late on saturday so I will have to cancel sorry, search the site on nebo some good reports. Eastco is a nice venue as well lots of water

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterza View Post
    Not too fussy so happy to go Saturday. Any preferences as to where to go? I live in Randburg - Randpark. How about you?
    Some nice venue write ups etc here : http://www.yellowfish.co.za/index.ph...=39&Itemid=104
    I would join you but Saturday I have to run the shop and Sunday I am getting up at halfpast stupid to drive through to Orkney to fish for the day - enjoy and let us know how it goes for you.

How did it go Richard?

Hi Gerrit,
    We managed to catch some fish but there was so much "old man's beard" weed in the water that getting the flies into play was a real challenge - in hind sight I should have carried on a bit further and fished wag 'n bietjie. As always had great company and some good laughs.