Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: small stream yellowfish

Default small stream yellowfish

Hi guys,

I have fished the vaal a lot but have really started to enjoy small stream yellowfishing.
    nothing beats fishing a small river and getting smoked on a 3wt by a 40cm yellow.

does anybody know of any decent spots to try ? I have been to 2 spots near Nigel but would love to try some new spots!

I understand that fishing spots are private and often people dont want to talk about them but I'd love to try a some new water !!

I'll post some pics of my recent catches

thanks !
    nic

19012013075_1.jpg
    19012013072.jpg19012013062.jpg19012013064.jpg13012013048.jpg

OK
    You tell us all your rivers and we will tell you about ours.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Share the passion.....?

Quote Originally Posted by NicIsab View Post
    Hi guys,

I have fished the vaal a lot but have really started to enjoy small stream yellowfishing.
    nothing beats fishing a small river and getting smoked on a 3wt by a 40cm yellow.

does anybody know of any decent spots to try ? I have been to 2 spots near Nigel but would love to try some new spots!

I understand that fishing spots are private and often people dont want to talk about them but I'd love to try a some new water !!

I'll post some pics of my recent catches

thanks !
    nic

19012013075_1.jpg
    19012013072.jpg19012013062.jpg19012013064.jpg13012013048.jpg
    If that's the Blesbokspruit it looks surprisingly clear, considering all the acid mine water being pumped into it.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

it is the blesboks and the water seems to be fine... Plenty of fish.. What i do is go on google earth and look for any decent runs.. Try between nigel and heidelburg.. A lot of water to fish I'll post a video of one of the fish.. Pretty cool stuff !

Nice Video

There are some nice spots around you. Of course you have done the leg work in Nigel I presume.
    That means that you know when you drive straight out of Nigel with Eeufees Ave the road becomes gravel, at the bottom you turn right and make your way to the weir. Good fishing.

You can also make friends with the people at Karan Beef and fish the Blesbok and Suikerbos Confluence....

If you want to do a week-end trip book at Fortuna Private Resort close to Balfour. It is located next to the Haarhoff Dam. The dam holds a good number of yellows but the fun is exploring the river above and below the dam. Stunning smallstream and yellows abound:wink:

Just say if I must post GPS Coordinates

thanks ! I will have a look at that spot yep.. if anyone is keen to join me on one of these small streams please let me know ! saturdays are my fishing days.. awesome !

Our favorite spot was between the two bridges in Heidelberg. We found clarity became a problem the last few years. The fish is still there it is just harder to get them.
    Our new winter spot is behind the stadium in Nigel.
    Niclsab I'll send you my no. then we can join in the fun.
    Jannie

So glad I'm a solo hunter! :wink:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast