Thread: My location x

Default My location x

I finally found my place.Somewhere where hardly anyone has fly fished.I however only scratched the surface of the area we fished and used 2km of the almost 40km avaliable.
    As you can see by the photo the water quality is fantastic.The place looks like a european beach.Fine gravel with a few rocks here and there.Stunning beyond.

The fishing was inetersting.I started with just a wooly bugger,size 12.After a while searching the water i found a small school of yellows and hid behind a tree on the water edge.
    I watched as they charged the fly and left it at last minute.I tied on a grhe,then dragon,then blood worm,all ignored flat.I was about to go dry dropper when my friend shouted fish on...A size 16 black ant (dry).Lo behold i put on a size 14 ant first cast bam,fish on.I only picked up 2 fish and my friend around 6.

I however decided to keep walking to see if there were more areas like this to fish.
    Well there are plenty,however we did not fish them as we had to leave the reserve as they were awaiting guests to arrive at the bungalow and no other visitors are allowed.We only had 3 hours to see whether the place is fly fishing condusive,it is.I will return and this time really have a good look and drive around to see exactly what this place offers.

The water clarity for one is great,even after getting a lot of water,so i can only imagine it could be better.Hope to go there the coming weekend and give a nice big report back.
    For now though i am gonna keep it hush and make sure it can handle an influx of fly fishermen,however i think the saving grace for a place like this is that they only allow 4 guests into the reserve to stay in the bungalow.So you are completely alone in this huge reserve.location G.jpg

Awesome stuff man! Looks lekka, nothing better than finding a little piece of river, your little piece of river.
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Its awesome.Just looking for the fish was fun and exploring the area.Even if we did not catch anything it would have been worth it.Cant wait to spend a few days there

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    Its awesome.Just looking for the fish was fun and exploring the area.Even if we did not catch anything it would have been worth it.Cant wait to spend a few days there
    I love those missions, I just want to know if there are fish there. Hiking with a rod! Enjoy man, those spots are special.
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

John, I recognize that rock next to your left foot....pretty sure I know where that is :wink:
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    John, I recognize that rock next to your left foot....pretty sure I know where that is :wink:
    Bwahaaaaaa!!

Awesome looking spot. So rare to find places like that these days. Enjoy.
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"