Thread: Best line for yellows?

Default Best line for yellows?

Just a little advice please.
    I have a TFO BVK 9ft 5wt, and was wondering what the best line to use for Sterkfontein yellows wold be.
    I have been using a Rio Gold WF5f.
    Is this line any good, or is there one that offers a better presentation?
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Craigis View Post
    Just a little advice please.
    I have a TFO BVK 9ft 5wt, and was wondering what the best line to use for Sterkfontein yellows wold be.
    I have been using a Rio Gold WF5f.
    Is this line any good, or is there one that offers a better presentation?
    Craig
    Try aiming your cast a metre ABOVE the water and your presentation will miraculously improve. Unless the line is not loading the rod properly it should be fine.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

The rio is a nice line and is half a weight heavier than the rating.I use rio and have no issues with it.I do however prefer the Scientific anglers gpx line.Its slightly a thinner line and feels much lighter on the rod yet still offers great casting.
    Anyone of these two however are great lines

I like the airflo sixth sense floating lines for sterkies . The gold is also a great line though

Used the Rio Gold at Sterkies just last weekend. It was a brand new line and I was very happy with it. Casts well, lovely soft presentation, almost no memory and floats high. Very pleased with the purchase.

I also have the Sci Anglers GPX on my 7wt and that too is a fabulous line. Would probably agree with John that it is marginally better but I would be more than happy fishing either at Sterkies with confidence.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums