Bead: Clear silver-lined glass
    Weight: Ultra-thin lead wire
    Legs: Fine rubber
    Thorax: CDC
    Abdomen: Body Quill
    Ribbing: Copper wire
    Tail: CDC

Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Ugly, but very effective!!!
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Very very nice Mario! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to knock a few those together for Rhodes next month.
    Andrew Schlosser

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left - Seasick Steve

Quote Originally Posted by schloshd1 View Post
    Very very nice Mario! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to knock a few those together for Rhodes next month.
    Tied for those waters Drew, they work very very well indeed. Will put on the Jihad nymph during the day today that I fish in tandem with the EARP. They bring me a LOT of fish, and are basically what I fish with 90% of the time.
    Last edited by smallstreams.co.za; 29-03-13 at 07:21 AM.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Tied for those waters Drew, they work very very well indeed. Will put on the Jihad nymph during the day today that I fish in tandem with the EARP. They bring me a LOT of fish, and are basically what I fish with 90% of the time.
    Sounds similar to the combo that I mostly fished on the Mooi. I fished mercury GRHEs or mercury PTNs in tandem with what is basically your jihad with an oversized bead and red wire rib. Interestingly, the majority of my fish were caught on the weighted fly, even when I switched the flies' positions around on the rig. Have you noticed anything similar?
    Andrew Schlosser

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left - Seasick Steve

Quote Originally Posted by schloshd1 View Post
    Interestingly, the majority of my fish were caught on the weighted fly, even when I switched the flies' positions around on the rig. Have you noticed anything similar?
    80/20 split on the EARP/Jihad in my case. Means both flies work
    Mario Geldenhuys

Another great tie, just love it.
    DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Have used this fly for a while now and it works very well! Have caught Smallmouth Yellowfish, Smallscale Yellowfish and Rainbow Trout on it! Thank for sharing Mario!

Some nice triggers worked into that pattern, I like it.

Thanks for sharing.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.