Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: WFFC 2013 Norway Raffle

Default WFFC 2013 Norway Raffle

Hi All,

In less than a month's time we will be fishing in the World Fly Fishing Championship in the Vefsna Region Norway.

We will be competing against teams from 27 nations with a total of 135 anglers from across the globe – very exciting, but also nerve wrecking and lots of preparing to do. Here is the link to the official website - http://www.wffc2013.com/. The Protea team consists of Christiaan Pretorius, Gary Glen-Young, Hendrik Enslin, Daniel Factor, myself and Willem Pretorius our manager.

Unfortunately like most South African sports, fly fishing is experiencing a short fall in funding. Currently the whole trip is self-funded, with this being the present scenario I need to raise money and it will be greatly appreciated if you can assist by purchasing one or more raffle tickets. You can win world class tackle and it will also be for a good cause.

I decided to have a raffle on Fly Talk, at R 150.00 per entry you stand a chance to win one of the awesome prizes below, with more than one entry allowed per Fly Talker. The draw will take place on Friday the 22nd of August and all entries will be listed below.

Use your name as reference when depositing the money into the account below.

Standard Bank
    Account Name: JP Meyer
    Account number: 072474068 (copy and paste this number is the safest way when doing an EFT)
    Account Type: Cheque
    Branch Code: 033012

I will write a detailed report on our return.

Thank you,

Philip

1st Prize - Sage One 6 weight rod valued at R 8040

For more information on this rod read here - http://www.sageflyfish.com/one-rod/

2nd Prize - Shilton CR3 reel (for 5 or 6 weight rod) valued at R 3450.00

For more information on the reel read here - http://shiltonreels.com/products/fre...els/cr-series/

3rd Prize - TFO Finesse 3 weight rod valued at R 2350.00

For more information on this rod read here - http://www.templeforkflyrods.com/pro...s/finesse.html

4th Prize - Korrie Broos competition Fly Box

Good luck with the fundraising Phillip....not an easy job that you have taken on.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Raffle ticket bought!
    :smile:
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

Hi Phillip
    I have bought 2 tickets.

I will donate an extra competition fly box, that I manufacture, as per the samples in your shop, as another price. If you want another price to give away, and it might help someone buy another 2 or 3 tickets.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Hi Phillip
    is the rod a 9" or a 10"?
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)

Glad to support this one!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Thanks Guys,

Appreciate it Gary (our captain), Korrie and Mario, let you know tomorrow if it is a 9 or a 10.

Cheerios

Photos of the still water fly boxes.
    There is a 2 leaf and a 4 leaf box.
    For size references, the boxes are 45mm wider and longer than an A4 page.
    if you wish to purchase a box, you can buy them from Phillip.
    Small R350.00 and large R500.00
    Frame of the box is made from either Oak or Ash wood.

The sponsored box is the 2 leaf box.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Korrie Broos

For those of you, who are wondering, why should I support people going to the world champs, lets look at what we have learned over the last 10 years from the competitions.
    The various nymphing techniques, French, Czech, Polish and Spanish nymphing, which have opened just about all the rivers for fishing in South Africa. Imagine we could not fish for SM Yellows, scalies etc, our fishing would be pretty boring.
    Still waters, the drift boats and long leaders, multiple flies etc.
    New leaders and different ways to fish dry fly.

The knowledge gained from the participation in the World Champs, gets fed back into the local fly fishing community, benefiting all of us.

Support Phillip with this venture. Open your wallet, take R150 and buy a ticket. ( it is far less than what you would normally spend at your local on a couple of pints)
    Korrie Broos

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Hi Phillip
    is the rod a 9" or a 10"?
    The winner can choose, it might take a bit longer to get the 10 footer in.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast