Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cool fishing Kayak

Thought I would continue this thread based on the fact that I have recently got hold of a 2nd hand wavewalk 500 W kayak from a friend who imported it from the US but can't use it anymore.

All I can say is STOKED!!! I have been kayak fishing off a stealth for 7 years and have trolled, fly fished and and the rest. I got to a stage where I was bored stiff with it and sold it before we sent our stuff home. I have always wanted to get something where I can stand and sight fish, and the wavewalk is perfect. I fished on it for 5 hours this weekend, and apart from the fact that there was very little around to catch, the elevated position, stability and maneuverability are excellent. I was also able to use it as a base when wading, for stripping my sinking line into and carrying my equipment. I used a tie down attached to my pants and connected to a handle so it wouldn't float away and was able to freely wade with no issues.

What is also cool is that down the line I can attach a small outboard to it and use it in the summer when paddling 5 kms is not too exciting.

All around an awesome kayak and a lot quicker than it would seem when paddling it.

Will definitely be bringing this home to use on lakes, estuaries and wherever else I can....

Sorry, forgot to add that it is as light as can be, easy to load and offload, and has tons of storage. Also, plastic so no dings or scratches from rocks.

I was casting a full line with ease on this, and never once felt like tipping, even when the wind picked up later.

I really want to get one of those Matt...just don't think I'll find a second hand one in SA
    - Warren Prior

"Never a dull moment!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2