Thread: How do you produce and film videos ?

Default How do you produce and film videos ?

Hi Guys,

Ruben and I currently use GoPros both the original Hero and the Hero 3 White for our footage and then we both use CyberLink PowerDirector 11 to produce our videos.
    I am looking at moving over to the Drift Ghost in the near future, am wondering if anyone has an opinion or a recommendation.

If you've seen some of my videos on YouTube or Vimeo I would also appreciate constructive criticism

Hi Richard,

The only critisim I can give is the poor quality sound (voice) in your videos. The these action cameras are terrible for recording sound and it will take your videos up a level if you guys could add either a external Mic or voice recorder when doing reviews on products or anywhere voice is recorded. If you use a external voice recorder you can just add it over the video in PowerDirector.

That's my 2c's

nice videos other than that, keep them coming!
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience - "Ralph Waldo Emerson"
    www.flyordie.co.za

Yeah I dont add any sound normally because of the housing. I pulled the audio from the video track and delete the audio, then add music over. Richard if you look at the video I did of HL, you will see a yellow pontoon boat and a big male fish in the one shot, that was shot on the Drift Cam. IMHO the quality was not as good, and I could not grade it as well as the GoPro videos. It does have this amazing feature which is a game changer. It allows you to film all the time, like Tevo, but cancels the any video past 5 minutes, which means you can get a take, hit the record but and the video would have started 5 minutes before the take, getting all the action of the take on the video. Pretty dam cool!
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Jade,

How does the battery life compare to a GoPro? seeing as you are basically recording constantly.
    Last edited by Ko7Ad; 27-08-13 at 11:33 AM. Reason: bad spelling
    www.flyordie.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by Ko7Ad View Post
    Jade,

How does the battery life compare to a GoPro? seeing as you are basically recording constantly.
    I tested one last weekend and had it in constant standby for 3 hours which is the same life I get out of my GoPro currently.
    Agree with your sentiments re the sound quality , either I take it out and use a sound track or else I will need a decent wind proof external mic.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simpkins View Post
    I tested one last weekend and had it in constant standby for 3 hours which is the same life I get out of my GoPro currently.
    Agree with your sentiments re the sound quality , either I take it out and use a sound track or else I will need a decent wind proof external mic.
    Thats not bad, was expecting it may have a slightly shorter battery life. thanks for the info.

Re the sound, But I too do as Jade and remove all the sound recorded from my fishing vids. Noticed I can hear my heart beat whilst using my chest mount, entertaining when I lose a fish! :tongue:
    Last edited by Ko7Ad; 29-08-13 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Was very confused when I wrote some of this..
    www.flyordie.co.za

Noticed I can hear my heart beat whilst using my chest mount, entertaining when I lose a fish! :tongue:
    That's pretty dam cool!
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Noticed I can hear my heart beat whilst using my chest mount, entertaining when I lose a fish! :tongue:
    As far as fly fishing films go, this will be a welcome alternative to the usual.