Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Float tubes now obsolete

Default Float tubes now obsolete

Why you will be selling your float tube......
    Ark/StreamX present the soon to be available hybrid boat. Half boat, half float tube. Row to wherever you want to go, put away the oars, and put your fins in the water to control the boat. Rows quickly, plenty of stowage space for cooler box etc. No wet bum and Safe.
    Similar (but not as good) overseas products start at $1000.00, this will be less.

Ark StreamX small.jpg
    Regards
    Craig

Looks good, How do you prevent water from coming in the floor when the feet are put into the water. I presume it has holes for the feet.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherFish View Post
    Why you will be selling your float tube......
    Ark/StreamX present the soon to be available hybrid boat.
    Excellent, see a gap ... tie up with another brand/manufacturer and create a custom, locally manufactured product to fill the need.

Love your work.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Looks good, How do you prevent water from coming in the floor when the feet are put into the water. I presume it has holes for the feet.
    Andre, the whole front section forward of the seat is open for your feet. The seat is high enough to keep your bum and gear dry.

Here's view from the top
    20130927_103004_resized.jpg
    Regards
    Craig

Ahh ok, I see potential, its basically a larger oval float tube with oars. I like the idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcherFish View Post
    Andre, the whole front section forward of the seat is open for your feet. The seat is high enough to keep your bum and gear dry.

Here's view from the top
    20130927_103004_resized.jpg
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Hi Craig,

Looks like a nice concept. A couple of questions:

- does the stripping tray drain?
    - storage for fly boxes etc or do these all have to fit behind you?
    - what size does it pack down to?
    - how much does it weigh?
    - does the kayak seat use those black plastic clips to attach front and back?
    - where do you put your feet when rowing? Something to rest them on?
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

an idea might be to have a optional seperate piece, that will be able to close the hole, so that you can put 2 people in, should you require it.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Finally.After seeing it on The Source dvd i was wondering when they will arrive on our shores.Awesome,and its an Ark,even better

Hi Darryl

I thought the stripping tray should drain, but when I tested it the water ran forwards and off. Can certainly put drain holes in if you wish.
    There is ample space for fly boxes next to the seat, I put my fishing bag on one side and my giant flybox on the other.
    It packs down surprisingly small, will measure it later. The oars stick out of the top of the bag. At a guess, teh same size or smaller than a from the factory packed v-boat.
    Less than 20kg with pump oars and repair kit. Carries in one hand like a suitcase. Will also have a backpack bag available as an extra. (It also backpacks when inflated, straps provided)
    Yes, the prototype seat uses those black plastic clips (I have my reservations about them, they will be upgraded)
    There is an adjustable bar to actually push your feet against while rowing, makes the rowing more effective. It will adjust to even your size. Found it better than the strap you rest your feet on on overseas models.

You are welcome to come and have a look, if you have any more questions, shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Hi Craig,

Looks like a nice concept. A couple of questions:

- does the stripping tray drain?
    - storage for fly boxes etc or do these all have to fit behind you?
    - what size does it pack down to?
    - how much does it weigh?
    - does the kayak seat use those black plastic clips to attach front and back?
    - where do you put your feet when rowing? Something to rest them on?
    Regards
    Craig

Well played. This type of tube boat has become super popular with the overseas fisherman who do a lot drifting. I saw guys drifting several rivers in Argentina using a similar American product. They had all their overnight gear attached too. They weren't using fins on the drift but would pick a bank and "stand in the boat" to fish a lie.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast