Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Feather Lite rods?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus13 View Post
    Hi MR.GT

Yes most rods fall in the R900-R1400 brackett, and I hope they bring out the freshwater reels soon, as the R3000+ saltwater ones are above my paygrade. It seems their distrubition is still in its infancy....best might be to order it directly from them or contact them as they have a contact section and ask if any Western Cape outlets stock it.
    Thanks. Know John as well. In bloem next weekend so might go and check it out if i get the time.
    So tell me.... How Big's yours?

The only thing i have noticed is that there is no 2/3wt option only 3/4wt and up so might be a bit heavy for the cape streams not sure though...

Quote Originally Posted by MR.GT View Post
    The only thing i have noticed is that there is no 2/3wt option only 3/4wt and up so might be a bit heavy for the cape streams not sure though...
    I have contacted them, will give feedback ASAP, MR.GT
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

I have contacted them, will give feedback ASAP, MR.GT
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MR.GT View Post
    Thanks
    Good morning, stomach bug got me, but still no feedback. Know Richard Simpkins from urban is meeting him soon, maybe you should ask him to pop the question directly to David? But if I hear something will post it.
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

They probably another Chinese generic, bulk factory built no name brand, that is finished and branded according to specifications. The fact that they have "dual weight ratings" makes me less than excited. Im also not sure that there is enough room in SA for another entry level competitor. What's wrong with Strealth, Explorer, and all the other OEM branded all rounders, that have developed quite a following in their target market.
    Hats off to David though, he is a real entrepreneur, so good luck to him.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    They probably another Chinese generic, bulk factory built no name brand, that is finished and branded according to specifications. The fact that they have "dual weight ratings" makes me less than excited. Im also not sure that there is enough room in SA for another entry level competitor. What's wrong with Strealth, Explorer, and all the other OEM branded all rounders, that have developed quite a following in their target market.
    Hats off to David though, he is a real entrepreneur, so good luck to him.
    Hi Andre.
    The nano series has dual readings but the Whisper series has only one weight rating, should be a better blank.then?
    Dirk Human

Hi Andre.
    The nano series has dual readings but the Whisper series has only one weight rating, should be a better blank.then?
    But I went ahead this morning and bought a Shimano Biocraft 6wt rod, something I always wanted (in my bait/course fishing days, had a shimano rod and reel and it was awesome and trustworthy, not to mention my gear system on my MTB is also shimano and still hasn't failed me). Thing is I send an email 2days ago about info on the 2/3 wt rods for MR.GT, and they have not replied. Not the type of after purchase service I want, when I need my rod fixed or something.
    Dirk Human

But I went ahead this morning and bought a Shimano Biocraft 6wt rod, something I always wanted (in my bait/course fishing days, had a shimano rod and reel and it was awesome and trustworthy, not to mention my gear system on my MTB is also shimano and still hasn't failed me). Thing is I send an email 2days ago about info on the 2/3 wt rods for MR.GT, and they have not replied. Not the type of after purchase service I want, when I need my rod fixed or something.
    There is a phone # for Dave on the site.

http://featherlite.co.za/contact-us
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

Yeah probably, although Dave has a reputation for selecting pretty good blanks generally. The Stealth ranges had some really nice rods, so I'm sure his new selection should be quite good. Also not to forget that as time goes buy, the Chinese are getting better and better, and producing some good value rods, so its going to be interesting to see what comes out of this.
    Hi Andre.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast