Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Feather Lite rods?

Default Feather Lite rods?

Hi guys.

Anybody know anything about Feather Lite company that is selling rods and reels? Thinking of buying a Shimano Biocraft or a "Feather Lite Whisper" 6wt for the Vaal. I see the company is run by David Levene who helped started Stealth in South Africa. Website is featherlite.co.za/

And I quote:
    "Featherlite is a new business, run by an old face in the fly fishing world. David Levene, who is better known for having started Stealth®, the brand that made fly fishing affordable for the man in the street, has started up once again, and yes, his original promise still stands. The only difference is that he is now promising you even better prices and warranties, and will continue to do so. Any product under the Featherlite banner will carry a limited guarantee. All products are guaranteed for life against defective workmanship, and for 12 months from date of purchase, unconditionally against breakage. No matter how you manage to break the product, we do not care! However, I urge you to keep your till slip as proof of payment and date of purchase.

To claim, all that you need do, is send the broken item, if it is a rod, the entire rod in the tube, together with the till slip, to our address"
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

Howzit Dirk,

Speak to John Gavin (corefly), he has been testing a few out over the last few weeks. I saw both the Nano and the Whisper at Christiana this weekend and they look like great rods, well finished and nice fittings.

Nick used the 10 foot Whisprer the whole weekend and ended up buying the rod. John can correct me here but his view was that the Nano was a better casting rod whereas the Whisper was possibly better suited for Nymphing.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

David Levene has been involved his whole life, in the wholesale and retail of fishing equipment.
    I thought that he would enjoy his "retirement" after selling Stealth.
    I suppose that he found life a bit boring, and decided, lets do something, to stay busy.
    From my experiences with all his products, I am sure the quality will be very good.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Oooooooo, very interesting and quite fitting to my budget, still need a stream outfit for down here in the cape.
    Anybody know if any shop here in CT is going to stock it?
    So tell me.... How Big's yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    David Levene has been involved his whole life, in the wholesale and retail of fishing equipment.
    I suppose that he found life a bit boring, and decided, lets do something, to stay busy.
    From my experiences with all his products, I am sure the quality will be very good.
    Hi Bryan

Thanks for the info. So the Whisper would be my choice, as I do NZ style nymping with two flies, cross current and also upstream casting but not more than 10-15meter casts. Will speak to John, know him well, he has visited me twice to fish my me
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Hi Korrie

Thanks, my sentiments also when I saw Stealth and David Levene name, can't go wrong.
    Dirk Human

Quote Originally Posted by MR.GT View Post
    Oooooooo, very interesting and quite fitting to my budget, still need a stream outfit for down here in the cape.
    Hi MR.GT

Yes most rods fall in the R900-R1400 brackett, and I hope they bring out the freshwater reels soon, as the R3000+ saltwater ones are above my paygrade. It seems their distrubition is still in its infancy....best might be to order it directly from them or contact them as they have a contact section and ask if any Western Cape outlets stock it.
    Dirk Human

Quote Originally Posted by MR.GT View Post
    Alloutangling are selling them : http://alloutangling.com/
    Dirk Human

Dirk,

John can also put you in touch with The Fly Box in Bloem where he got the test rods from. He started the shop with a friend but not sure if John is still involved. But i know he can still put you in touch with them.

Seems a good rod for around R1000.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Dirk,

John can also put you in touch with The Fly Box in Bloem where he got the test rods from. He started the shop with a friend but not sure if John is still involved. But i know he can still put you in touch with them.

Seems a good rod for around R1000.

Thanks for the info Bryan.

Just added the FlyBox this morning on my facebook page as a suggestion from Carl Nel :smile:
    If the Shimano Biocraft deal goes south will give it a try.
    Dirk Human

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast