Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: B Nationals

I rate the muddies far more technical and difficult to catch in the mouth, (not foul hooking) than SM.
    If you can hook muddies 90% plus of the time in the mouth, you can detect subtle and very fast takes.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Am I the only person who has a problem with the idea of culling an indigenous species occurring in its natural range because we find them a nuisance when fly fishing?
    Seems you misunderstood me. What i meant by this was the following.
    With all my years in bass tournaments you have a bag limit of 5 fish.
    After you have filled your limit, you start culling (not the culling as the direct meaning of killing it.) the smallest fish out of your livewell by replacing the little guy with the new guy that's bigger, thus throwing his ass back in the water(dam, river...) after he had a honeymoon in your livewell.

We call it culling in the tournaments...

So in the fly fishing perspective. When you have caught 5 muddies. If you catch another muddy and it is bigger than a previous muddy it replaces the smallest muddy in your "bag". In this case the points for the little muddy your have received gets updated with the points for the new bigger muddy.
    Last edited by MR.GT; 25-10-13 at 01:48 PM.
    So tell me.... How Big's yours?

Quote Originally Posted by MR.GT View Post
    After you have filled your limit, you start culling (not the culling as the direct meaning of killing it.) the smallest fish out of your livewell by replacing the little guy with the new guy that's bigger, thus throwing his ass back in the water(dam, river...) after he had a honeymoon in your livewell.

So in the fly fishing perspective. When you have caught 5 muddies. If you catch another muddy and it is bigger than a previous muddy it replaces the smallest muddy in your "bag". In this case the points for the little muddy your have received gets updated with the points for the new bigger muddy.
    Thanks for the clarification GT. When people start talking about culling or poisoning fish my Tourette's starts playing up ;-)
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Thanks for the clarification GT. When people start talking about culling or poisoning fish my
    Pleasure
    Tourette's starts playing up ;-)
    Hahaha, nice 1
    So tell me.... How Big's yours?

Thanks for the clarification GT. When people start talking about culling or poisoning fish my Tourette's starts playing up ;-)
    Jargon is always fun.
    Last edited by GGY; 25-10-13 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Mike made me do it! ;-)
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

Cant do this. The rules according to fly fishing tournaments are vastly different to bass tournaments, and we try as far as possible to use the same rules that apply to international catch and release competitions. The system simply doesn't work in the way that you describe. The "size " rule applies to the number of points the competitor receives for every cm length of the fish.
    Yes, its a pity that muddies were excluded.
    I personally rate muddies as by catch. I certainly wouldn't target them over yellows, but they are stronger, but are not as exciting, in tha they very seldom put up an aggressive running fight like yellows.
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.GT View Post

Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Does any one know what the final standings are , my last report was that prior to session 5 Centrals had an almost unassailable lead ?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simpkins View Post
    Does any one know what the final standings are , my last report was that prior to session 5 Centrals had an almost unassailable lead ?
    I believe (unofficial results)
    Central 1st
    Boland 2nd
    Northern Gauteng 3rd (from last place after 2 sessions...)

No idea on individual placings.
    Gary
    Flytyer - Where great flytying begins

Quote Originally Posted by GGY View Post
    I believe (unofficial results)
    Central 1st
    Boland 2nd
    Northern Gauteng 3rd (from last place after 2 sessions...)

No idea on individual placings.
    Confirmed and also the individual placings too.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...51100512_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...11014340_n.jpg

Couldn't paste the images ??? Links will take you to images of the results sheets from last night.

use image tag, not link tag ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simpkins View Post
    Confirmed and also the individual placings too.

and

---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast