Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A few pics from my recent Lesotho trip

Default One more Pic

I have added one more picture of a brute taken by my fishing mate Stephen. I stumbled onto a honey hole lower down the river on day 2 of our trip. Our guide seeing the potential after 2 casts yielded as many fish asked if I would mind if another member of the group joined me. I agreed and Stephen proceeded to land this 63 cm brute !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wyatt, were these caught mostly on dries? What flies were successful?

Also, please could you PM me some details on the cost of the trip if you dont mind.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Hi Bryan
    We took almost all our fish on dry fly. On occasion I rigged a dry and dropper (a small black CDC nymph below a hopper) and this worked well. I tied a host of flies for the trip - most effective for me in the morning was a para adams and later in the day would switch to foam hoppers and tan DDD's as the water got warmer. I have pm'd you some info as requested.

Next week Wednesday I will be there , fishing those Sky Rivers ! :wink:
    (with fast Epic glass and Cortland Sylk lines of course )
    Flies? Absolutely not important ,presentation, stealth approach , and 7 or 8X tippet matched with 5,5 m leader 98% , Flies 1% , and 1% luck :biggrin:

Thanks for the report, fantastic stuff !

Agreed Zoran. Fish we're not particularly selective in terms of fly. A natural drift (slack line presentation) was key. Long leaders were the order of the day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2