Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sterkfontein

Herman. I am sure you have been a member of this site for many a year. I envy that you are able to fish as often as you might be able to. That you have the time to be a beneficial contributor to a community such as this.

Perhaps you could try put yourself in a position of someone without that? Try to imagine that life doesnt deal us all the same cards? Take all those days and epic times you have been able to spend on the water and imagine a time without it.

As for an apology, why should I work for one? Why should I make an effort to prove anything to someone who has the inability to see a world outside of their own?

Whether I am a statistic or a contributor is neither here nor there. What is important to me is that I am able to take the actual advice and adsistance I have been given and try make something of it. Then take that and show my appreciation thereof.

What you think of what I do or dont do means far too little to me except in the entertainment factor you have provided me on a slow work night.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Smallie View Post
    Herman. I am sure you have been a member of this site for many a year. I envy that you are able to fish as often as you might be able to. That you have the time to be a beneficial contributor to a community such as this.

Perhaps you could try put yourself in a position of someone without that? Try to imagine that life doesnt deal us all the same cards? Take all those days and epic times you have been able to spend on the water and imagine a time without it.

As for an apology, why should I work for one? Why should I make an effort to prove anything to someone who has the inability to see a world outside of their own?

Whether I am a statistic or a contributor is neither here nor there. What is important to me is that I am able to take the actual advice and adsistance I have been given and try make something of it. Then take that and show my appreciation thereof.

What you think of what I do or dont do means far too little to me except in the entertainment factor you have provided me on a slow work night.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    What I can't understand is the fact that if someone post too "little" he is a lurker? So as mens nie K@K praat en duisende posts opbou nie is jy uit en jy word dadelik aangeval as jy 'n eenvoudige vraag vra?

My ma het my geleer dat as jy nie iets goed het om te se nie bly jy stil, hoekom moet jy nou sit en K@K uitdink sodat jy nou "in" kan wees op die forum?

Jou mond maak jou nie 'n goeie visserman nie, en die level of contribution is elke person se keuse.

Daar is 'n paar mense op hierdie forum wat dink hulle k@k praatery gee hulle spesiaale vooregte om mense wat nie gereeld genoeg post nie aan te val en te se net wat hulle wil. Daar is nie 'n reel wat se jy moet post van elke liewe guppy wat jy gevang het of nie.

Ek gee nie om wie jy is nie maar geen hoeveelheid posts gee jou die reg om 'n dood eenvoudige vraag aan te val en 'n poephol van die poster te probeer maak nie.

En as die moderators dieselfde as Herman oor die saak voel moet daar duidelike reels gestel word.

Nie almal lewe hulle lewe in 'n forum waar hulle koning is omdat hulle duisende k@kpraat posts opgebou het nie.

Smallie, please send me a PM and I will help you where I can without an attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    I see you have been registered on the forum for over 5 years, and this is your first post. Typical lurker ( I'll take all your help, but post f*all ).

My only advice to you is use the SEARCH function, and if it's not working, then tough sh!ts boetie.

AS the old IT saying goes , put in sh!t, you will get out sh!t.
    If anybody is looking for a reason why there are only 3 or 4 new posts a day on this forum, this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmouth View Post
    What I can't understand is the fact that if someone post too "little" he is a lurker? So as mens nie K@K praat en duisende posts opbou nie is jy uit en jy word dadelik aangeval as jy 'n eenvoudige vraag vra?

My ma het my geleer dat as jy nie iets goed het om te se nie bly jy stil, hoekom moet jy nou sit en K@K uitdink sodat jy nou "in" kan wees op die forum?

Jou mond maak jou nie 'n goeie visserman nie, en die level of contribution is elke person se keuse.

Daar is 'n paar mense op hierdie forum wat dink hulle k@k praatery gee hulle spesiaale vooregte om mense wat nie gereeld genoeg post nie aan te val en te se net wat hulle wil. Daar is nie 'n reel wat se jy moet post van elke liewe guppy wat jy gevang het of nie.

Ek gee nie om wie jy is nie maar geen hoeveelheid posts gee jou die reg om 'n dood eenvoudige vraag aan te val en 'n poephol van die poster te probeer maak nie.

En as die moderators dieselfde as Herman oor die saak voel moet daar duidelike reels gestel word.

Nie almal lewe hulle lewe in 'n forum waar hulle koning is omdat hulle duisende k@kpraat posts opgebou het nie.

Smallie, please send me a PM and I will help you where I can without an attitude.
    As a "lurking" moderator, I agree with you 100%! If you don't like what someone is asking or saying, you can always choose to ignore them.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    As a "lurking" moderator, I agree with you 100%! If you don't like what someone is asking or saying, you can always choose to ignore them.
    I chose to ignore this post
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

This thread has been very helpful to me, thanks Bertu, never new there was a app for yr.no forecast.

HolyGT, I agree with you. It has been informative and helpful to me too. I am glad that I was able to get some very useful stuff out of this, now I hope I can transfer that into a fish or two. Failing that, just a nibble will be good after all this time.

Thank you everyone.

Smallie. Herman is a grumpy old man but if you put some efford into the community he will help you to earths end. He is the guy to speek to when you you are new to the vaal and need some help on the vaal shuffel, flies and techniques.

Ft is suffering at the moment because a lot of people are lurking and getting great info out of the forum without putting anyting back in. We are all interseted in your trip and would love a feedback post to help other guys with the same questions as you have.

I have also been a lurker for some time but I am back in full force. Just need to get to the water sometime. I am having withdrawl symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    I see you have been registered on the forum for over 5 years, and this is your first post. Typical lurker ( I'll take all your help, but post f*all ).

My only advice to you is use the SEARCH function, and if it's not working, then tough sh!ts boetie.

AS the old IT saying goes , put in sh!t, you will get out sh!t.
    Jeez Herman, that time of month already?

If you don't mind I will go back to the topic (one of my preferred ,btw, since I fished lots of unknown destinations for the first time , having the same question)
    It is a classic head scratching activity - coming on the water I am not familiar with- where to fish ?
    My Father used to answer on such a questions: " Walk and Watch" , because fish doesn't own the house , there is no fish address somebody can give you .
    Yellowfish is all over the place at Sterkies , but even then, using boat and experienced guide who knows Sterkies, , you can fish all day on 20 different "hot addresses" , spend a fortune on it - without any fish .
    Yes, without any fish on the hook.
    Or, you can take your own chance, walk and watch , find the fish , understand about what food they are up to, analyse their behaviour , find appropriate flies for that specific moment - and voila !
    On the end, this is what FF suppose to be all about.

Cheers,
    Zoran

ps
    Casting and presentation skills are included as the last ingredient .
    Lots of guys forget on this last , but imperative condition, that's why FF becomes self torture for the most. :tongue:
    Last edited by Zoran; 20-02-14 at 12:44 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast