Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sterkfontein

Default Sterkfontein follow up...

Hi All. I am going to be spending a few days at Qwantani this weekend. I don't have a boat and due to family limitations, I will only have a few hours each day.

What are my best options for my best chances in such limited time available? Are the cliffs a good place, is Qwntani bay open?

I am sure that there are many places that can be worthwhile, its just a matter of time.

Any and all advice and info will be greatly apprecited!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Smallie; 25-02-14 at 09:35 AM.

Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Quote Originally Posted by Smallie View Post
    Hi All. I am going to be spending a few days at Qwantani this weekend. I don't have a boat and due to family limitations, I will only have a few hours each day.

What are my best options for my best chances in such limited time available? Are the cliffs a good place, is Qwntani bay open?

I am sure that there are many places that can be worthwhile, its just a matter of time.

Any and all advice and info will be greatly apprecited!

I see you have been registered on the forum for over 5 years, and this is your first post. Typical lurker ( I'll take all your help, but post f*all ).

My only advice to you is use the SEARCH function, and if it's not working, then tough sh!ts boetie.

AS the old IT saying goes , put in sh!t, you will get out sh!t.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Hi Herman. Thank you for the wonderful reply, so nice to have such friendliness in the forum.

As you have rightly pointed out, I have been a member of the site for that period. Perhaps if you had chanced to look further you may have noticed that in that period of time I have not actually been onto the site due to one thing or another. So the "lurker" jibe is completely and utterly wrong.

As for the search function, it does work. However reading through pages of posts that unfortunately veer off topic at times is a little difficult. I have however gone through the thread that Bryan gave me the link to and it has been helpful.

Never the less, thank you for your response. Great place not to be.

Thank you Brian. I did go through that post however gave up too early I see.

Smallie, with respect to Herman, that's just his opinion, I'm fairly confident he does not speak for or on behalf of Flytalk or other forum members.

Having said that : Sterkfontein is not that complicated, if you're staying at Qwantani and are without the benefit of a boat ...

Day 1 - Hang a right and walk till you spot fish, catch and repeat.
    Day 2 - Hang a left, walk till you see fish, catch and repeat.

Try to take into account the prevailing wind conditions on the day, load the App for YR.no on your smartphone, it'a really handy and accurate.

Goos luck, Sterkfontein is magical, have fun, take lots of pics.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Thank you Scythe. From what I have been able to take from the link Bryan gave me, that was pretty much my plan.

Find fish and try catch them. In all honesty I was a bit impatient in reading through the posts properly.

I saw a post regarding the YR.no, I have the site saved, didnt realise there was an app. Thank you for that.

And thank you for the response regarding the forum. I appreciate that.

Only a pleasure Smallie.

Isn't it strange that you haven't the time to be on the site for one reason or another, and so can't post anything or use the search function for 5 years , but now have the time to monitor your post and reply within 16 minutes ?????????????

Possibly strange if you are looking for a reason I suppose.

Considering that I am sitting at work and its quiet. Thats its 2 days until I am at Sterkfontein. That its the first trip I am taking in 3.5 years....

Yup, very strange indeed.

And look...13 mins this time. Maybe I should close the app and only check tomorrow just to help make your day?

Smallie, post a decent report after your trip, with pics of everything, what flies you used, water temp etc. and I may just apologise for my attitude.

Failing that then I'm afraid you are only a statistic on Flytalk's records and not a contributor.

Let's see what happens.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast