Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Antron Dragon

Just so you know we appreciate your post and you don't go on like shammers :biggrin: :wink: about nobody commenting. Nice tie Korrie!
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Quality idea that Korrie! ever thought about putting shorter darker pieces of antron inside? If you cut them along a solid line you might get a nice illusion of segmentation. Not sure if that makes sense what i say.

Also, if you wanted to under-simplify things, you could use some swiss straw to make a lovely head on this one.

It looks like a winner already though. What diameter mono are you using to burn the eyes?
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Imagination + Innovation = Another Good Fly from Korrie. [Green with Envy]
    A man is only as big as the things that annoy him.

Nice pattern. I think Rune's original tie with a wing case and thorax are good additions.

http://guidelineflyfish.wordpress.co...0/dragon-time/

with his sbs:
    http://www.flytyingforum.com/pattern10578.html
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Quality idea that Korrie! ever thought about putting shorter darker pieces of antron inside? If you cut them along a solid line you might get a nice illusion of segmentation. Not sure if that makes sense what i say.

Also, if you wanted to under-simplify things, you could use some swiss straw to make a lovely head on this one.

It looks like a winner already though. What diameter mono are you using to burn the eyes?
    Grant
    as said, you can play around with the antron, mix and match, darker inside, etc
    the main idea is the concept of using the antron as a body, which I thought was really cool.
    The mono is weedeater mono, I picked up a couple of diameters, from the park, some about 4 or 5 mm in diameter. makes for really awesome eyes.
    This concept was shown to me, by a norwegian friend.
    The Swiss straw is also a cool idea, maybe post one that you have tied, and we compare.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Nice pattern. I think Rune's original tie with a wing case and thorax are good additions.

http://guidelineflyfish.wordpress.co...0/dragon-time/

with his sbs:
    http://www.flytyingforum.com/pattern10578.html
    So this is probably where my norwegian friend got the idea. or maybe Rune got the idea from Alex Borge. WIll let you know.
    Last edited by Korrie; 26-03-14 at 07:17 AM.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Imagination + Innovation = Another Good Fly from Korrie. [Green with Envy]
    As mentioned, the original concept was shown to me, by a norwegian friend about 4 years ago, when he visited me.
    Korrie Broos

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Grant
    as said, you can play around with the antron, mix and match, darker inside, etc
    the main idea is the concept of using the antron as a body, which I thought was really cool.
    The mono is weedeater mono, I picked up a couple of diameters, from the park, some about 4 or 5 mm in diameter. makes for really awesome eyes.
    This concept was shown to me, by a norwegian friend.
    The Swiss straw is also a cool idea, maybe post one that you have tied, and we compare.
    Weedeater Mono!!! *FacePalm* Why didnt i think of that? Nice different colours available too. My tying is limited these days but will try bang one out - not sure if i have any antron dubbing but i guess anything synthetic (ie can melt) should work.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Grant
    The weed eater mono I have picked up in red, yellow, while and opaque.
    a neat little "secret trick" I do with my eyes now is as follows.
    Cliff from Fishient, said that a major trigger in crab and prawn patterns are the eyes.
    I discovered in the Sally Hansen ranges a nail polish with glitter and another with Holographic tinsel.
    I give the eyes, a coat or 2 with one of the nail polish.
    The compounded eyes, have a "shimmer" that the nail varnish resembles very nicely and will sparkle just right, when there is a bit of light on the eyes.
    When I showed GGY, this fly, he also wondered about the "eyes".
    Google Sally Hansen Glitter and Holographic. The thick burnt mono, painted with this, looks really GREAT.
    Korrie Broos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2