Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beaverlac - Any Advice & Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Buzzie! That made my day...bwhaa haa haa haaaa....I am going to be saying that number in a JZ accent the whole day...soooo...you are to blame for me irritating my colleagues here!
    Omf I actually lol'd! Thank you sir for the laughs. JjjjjjjjjjjjjjjZeeeeeee jz.jpg

Sounds fun though, must go there some time. A friend there a few weeks ago (not for fishing) and he said it was an awesome stay.
    Regards,
    Leonardo

And if you are really bored, you can put some goggles on, hold a piece of tippet with a fly at the end, swim down to th bass and tickle it front of their nose till they eat it, then fight them on the hand line. This is no joke - we did this - they are frikken stupid bass down that side of the world.

Same Success as Garnet on my trip wrt Clannies caught, but we did manage to see one.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

The sad truth is that most of our Clanwilliam Yellowfish destinations are INFESTED by Bass and Bluegill.
    Hooking into a Clan, is a true blessing.
    There is one or 2 streams, where bass have not reached and hopefully will never reach.
    For the rest, catch and kill the BASS.
    Try and throw the dead bass back, as it does add to the food chain.
    Crabs are very fond of the bass carcasses in the streams.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Hi Nepss
    did you get any Clanwilliams?
    Or only gazillion bass?
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Sorry to jack the thread MC which brand inter are you referring to?

Gents my thanks for all the advice.... unfortunately I have to report that my fishing plans for the weekend got hit by a metaphorical truck...

turned out we had a party of 25 people celebrating a mates 30th... lets just say not all of them came prepared for camping, so my planned time to go chase fish was pretty much curtailed into hanging round and sorting camp...

On the plus side, it was an awesome weekend of chilling, drinking, swimming in the pools and laughing with some really great people, and celebrated a mates birthday with an awesome weekend...

Also learnt that next time, if I wanna fish, I must go there to fish, or at least with fellow fisherman instead...

So the advice has all been stored, thanks guys, I will certainly make use of it again...
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2