Thread: Great Casting Tips/Demo Videos

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Great Casting Tips/Demo Videos

Ok so I'm sure a lot of you ( like me ) think you're a good enough caster, and don't really want to watch videos on casting or improving your casting... partly because a lot of them, in my opinion, are pretty boring, and rubbishy presented...

Anyway, once I got over my own ego, and realised ( again... short term memory loss.. ) just how much enjoyment I get from actually casting, and casting well in certain situations, which in tern always leads to a good fishing day, and just how much I still had to learn, and how I will be learning for as long as I'm casting a fly rod, I did a bit of looking around... with a lekker trip coming up this weekend that might well require some more "technical" casts than usual, I figured I'd delve a little deeper... Anyway, I came across the guys from On the Fly Productions ( http://www.ontheflyproductions.com) and a bunch of their videos demonstrating techniques on different casts etc...

Worth checking out their Youtube channel, because they have great visuals, super well shot and explained, and if you looking at improving techniques for specific casts and situations, they are brilliant...

Here is their YouTube Page:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/bumcast

Anyway, I learnt a bunch... despite nearly 30 years of flying feathers, 20 minutes watching those clips and the explanations improved my approach and no doubt my casting...
    Last edited by Nepptune; 14-05-14 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Fixed link
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson