Thread: Long story for a good ending

Default Long story for a good ending

Hi Gents, so we are leaving for Dullstroom om Friday morning. all my fishing stuff is packed and my flytying vice is hot with friction. My Dad phones me to tell me he left his fly rod in Oranjeville and do I have a spare for him. Being a tackle slut of note I have a spare 5wt.....no worries. A little while later a buddy phones me to tell me he broke his rod and do I have a spare.( He is without work at the moment so he will not be able to buy a new one for himself) The quick anwser is "No".

This is my Birthday weekend and I always buy myself a from me to me gift. I have already done this in the for of a new Holiday house(read secondhand roof top tent). Suffering from a common mental illness "severe tackle sluttyness" and arguing that this is more of a gift for my girlfriend and myself. I decided to buy a new rod.

I bought a 9ft 5wt BVK last year and what a rod! So this year I asked the fairy(read bank manager) to please give me 10ft 5wt for my B-day.

I phone the guys at Fishing Pro Shop (the toy store as it has been dubed by all who knows me). Kurt tells me there is no stock but he will pick one up tomorrow on his way to work. These guys never tell you: Sorry we do not have stock. They will make a plan for you. No one can ask for better service with Good Service being something that falls between a unicorn and fairydust in SA. Thanks to Johann, Charles and their team you guys deserve a Bells!

good advert
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Good to see you back, Dave

No Advert, I have no connection to the fishing pro shop except being a customer. So that would make it a reference Popper.