Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NEMBA regulations documents

Default NEMBA regulations documents

Hi Guys

I recieved some NEMBA regulation documents this morning, more around the impact assesment and recommendaitons.

I was pretty pissed the first few pages, but the recommendations are interesting. I would love to hear others views on the report.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/873gi07zl2...28Final%29.doc

Cheers

Jade
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    Hi Guys

I recieved some NEMBA regulation documents this morning, more around the impact assesment and recommendaitons.

I was pretty pissed the first few pages, but the recommendations are interesting. I would love to hear others views on the report.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/873gi07zl2...28Final%29.doc

Cheers

Jade
    Interesting. Out of interest why were you pissed about the first few pages?

Quote Originally Posted by saml View Post
    Interesting. Out of interest why were you pissed about the first few pages?
    I suppose I got a bit defensive of trout invasiveness, compared to something like bass. I have fished many of the areas that they stated in the survey and the streams, while they might less fish (minnows and barbs), they are still definitely present. An equilibrium has been established and I would argue there is a degree of harmony in the ecosystems where trout exist.

from a negative point of view:
    under "enemies, predators and competitors" they list two eel species. no mention is made of otters and the bird species that pray on trout. i am positive that in certain cases, some of these species rely on trout for their survival in their specific environment.
    secondly, they are listed as category 2, with "fishing unrestricted", which will make it harder for you to procecute someone if you catch them poaching your trout.
    trespassing will be your only avenue.

from a positive aspect. in my professional capacity,i just had my bi-monthly visit from the astute individuals tasked with enforcing all these new regulations.
    judging from their understanding of their own regulations, and the obvious pride and zealousness they approach their work, there is not much to worry about.
    no law is worth the paper it is printed on, if there is no one to enforce it.
    catch and release

Jade my understanding of what you received is the supposed ecological backing to the main decision the eishment made on the changing of the scheduling to a species that is invasive, that may not interduced into an area that it does not occur already. It makes the eishments policing and monitoring of fishers easier. There was a very in depth discussion on the form regarding the shift and the reply from the eishments cleared this up. But with the legislation all becoming interlinked there becomes more opportunity for poaching and mix ups with supposed rights and responsibilities of the owners or custodians of waters that have trout. So we have to wait and see what government does with it. Regards mike

Quote Originally Posted by Paul J View Post

no law is worth the paper it is printed on, if there is no one to enforce it.
    I agree, that's why I have decide that I wont be renewing my CPS membership this year. Its a law that isn't worth the paper its written on, because it cant be enforce. I'm just going to fish wherever and whenever I ;like.. spinners, bait..and I will keep the fish I catch. As far as I'm concerned, integrity and civil obedience...(which are supposed to be cornerstones of any democracy, just don't work) can go to pot.....
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I agree, that's why I have decide that I wont be renewing my CPS membership this year. Its a law that isn't worth the paper its written on, because it cant be enforce. I'm just going to fish wherever and whenever I ;like.. spinners, bait..and I will keep the fish I catch. As far as I'm concerned, integrity and civil obedience...(which are supposed to be cornerstones of any democracy, just don't work) can go to pot.....
    Is it ethical to break the rules knowing that there will be few (if any) consequences?
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

Why take out your anger with the State against an orginisation (CPS) that attempst to improve and regulate. Your post must have been tongue in cheek (i hope)

i know you are taking a dig at me here, which is ok, but the sad thing is, there is going to be a hoard of less scrupulous individiuals that is going to do excactly that.
    and with the new regulations, there is basically nothing you can do about it. integrity and civil obedience are luxuries of the enlightened.
    catch and release

I find it fascinating that something of such importance as this NEMBA classification would drive people who clearly care about the same passion to rather argue about this than come together and constructively discuss a way to save the sport they love.

I realise those conversations are open through people like FOSAF, but there needs to be more solidarity rather then polarisation.

This thread, I was hoping, would open up some good ideas of how to fight against this action by the authorities.
    Last edited by JadeDsantos; 03-07-14 at 04:36 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast