Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Lip Grips

Ha ha... you kidding right? The fish's body weight is being supported by the water while its still in the water....so cant do any harm...
    Bogas etc, should only be used on fish that can injure you, and then it needs to me done with the proper method.
    People who boga, lip grip, or gill grip trout, and yellowfish, should be shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    Would also like to know.
    I do know that pulling a 15lb fish by the lip through the water against the current using a Gamakatsu B10S 2/0 is sure to cause some damage.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Ha ha... you kidding right? The fish's body weight is being supported by the water while its still in the water....so cant do any harm...
    Are you sh1tting me? Really? You think they willingly swim up to the fisherman. Sometimes I think you are playing the fool but I think you are really just stupid.

... Sometimes I think you are playing the fool but I think you are really just stupid.
    Maybe it only seems that way because you took what Andre said in the resoundingly clear yet obviously wrong context...
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

These people need to be re-educated by being hung from the lip by their boga's.

What annoys me most about boga's is their adverting featuring their "accurate, reliable and durable scales". Thus even though there is plenty of information on how to use a boga correctly to not harm fish ... having a "built in scale" will always tempt people to "do the wrong thing". Boycott boga i say, refuse to fish with people who use them etc ..

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Hi Guys,

Again on "Hier gaan ons alweer" this past Monday the guys caught numerous Cob and Elf in Angola, also a 18kg Cob which they grip with the lip grip and take some pics.
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

No im not shitting you at all, and as Bertu sarcastically suggested, you haven't taken my statement out of context either. If you think Im stupid, well that's up to you, I don't know you, and really dont care what you think about me. The reality however is that a fish can get damaged by a hook if it sets in a vulnerable area of the mouth, but no damage can be caused by a fish being drawn through the water by a line. The forces exerted on the fish are far less while his weight is being supported by the water, than it is to dead lift him hanging in the air from the mouth. I don't think they willingly swim up to the fisherman to avoid injury. I have never had a fish willingly swim up to me when he is hooked, as normally they try to swim away, and against the line. Its only once the fish has exhausted its energy and become disorientated that they sometimes swim towards the angler.
    Are you sh1tting me? Really? You think they willingly swim up to the fisherman. Sometimes I think you are playing the fool but I think you are really just stupid.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Default Lip Grips

No im not shitting you at all, and as Bertu sarcastically suggested...
    Ah so, you were not oblivious to the intent even without the addition of the most sincere "Duuuh" you've apparently become so fond of recently...

Funny thing, fancy that, I'll be damned.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

but no damage can be caused by a fish being drawn through the water by a line.
    I give up.

Bertu, what are you trying to do? I used "duuh" once in response to a post of yours... that hardly qualifies as "become so fond of it". I'm really not sure what your issues are, but it seems that you would say almost anything in an attempt to discredit anything I say. So what if some of my posts are controvercial? Anyone is entitled to disagree. I don't claim to have anything more than my own experiences and opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Ah so, you were not oblivious to the intent even without the addition of the most sincere "Duuuh" you've apparently become so fond of recently...

Funny thing, fancy that, I'll be damned.

but no damage can be caused by a fish being drawn through the water by a line.
    Please tell me I am taking this statement out of context?
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast