Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Forum Guidelines

And you would have stayed shivering in the change room, too scared to play.:biggrin:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    In rugby Grant, Korrie, Kyle, Bossie,etc would've gotton the yellow and not Darryl ...
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    How do you feel about the comments made after that?
    I feel the comments after that was the appropriate reaction to the situation.
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Well if you saw mine, you would know that i reacted quite emotionally to it.
    Yes, I understand (and I saw all of the replies, although I did not take screenshots ). Just saying some of the replies took it up a notch
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Yeah fair point Andre - if you were cool with it who am i to say?
    He might have been cool with it but that doesn't make it okay, whats to stop it from happening again and really offending someone?
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    I feel the comments after that was the appropriate reaction to the situation.
    So all those that reacted should be banned from the river, yes??
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Yes, I understand (and I saw all of the replies, although I did not take screenshots ). Just saying some of the replies took it up a notch
    Yes they did! Just like war, can you really blame those that react though? Or should they just take it on the chin and move on?
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Yeah thanks for your concern Grant... I have so moved on. I have more fishing time, much better relationship with my ex than we ever did when we were married, and I met a beautiful lady, who is far better for me. Sure I lost just about all my stuff, the house etc, but theres a serious upside to being pushed out of a dead marriage. You get a second chance to live and love again. My ex wife Tania, is an awesome Mother, a formidable business woman, and a wonderful human being who I respect greatly, and will always value her for the two amasing sons that she gave me... I have absolutely zero regrets...Regrets are only caused by lost opportunities. What is sad, is when I see people stuck in miserable relationships that they don't know how to get out of, and they become bitter, angry, and unlikeable... I was there, and I was one of those....Now I have managed to drop the bitter and angry part...Ok...Im still working on the "likeable" part...that's going to take a while still:biggrin:
    Yeah fair point Andre - if you were cool with it who am i to say?
    Last edited by Andre; 20-08-14 at 02:05 PM.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Yes they did! Just like war, can you really blame those that react though? Or should they just take it on the chin and move on?
    No, did not say that - but if the aim is to keep people who make inappropriate comments off of the forum, then surely you'd have to apply that rule to everyone to avoid gray areas? Or how would you deal with replies to an original post that was deemed inappropriate?

Personally I think for the posts to have been removed was fair, and enough. We are all grown-ups (mostly, since I don't see many youngsters here) and I reckon Darryl and Andre can sort this out between them if it needs be.
    Mario Geldenhuys

No, did not say that - but if the aim is to keep people who make inappropriate comments off of the forum, then surely you'd have to apply that rule to everyone to avoid gray areas? Or how would you deal with replies to an original post that was deemed inappropriate?

Personally I think for the posts to have been removed was fair, and enough. We are all grown-ups (mostly, since I don't see many youngsters here) and I reckon Darryl and Andre can sort this out between them if it needs be.
    Yeah cool - i have sent a message to Andre apologising for taking something further than he probably wanted and that i would not speak further about it so i will now stop.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Guys, nothing to apologise for, I have no beef with Daryl, he's already forgiven. I have caused my own fair share of k@k here, so im not about to get all miffy when someone takes a swipe at me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast