View Poll Results: If forum users are disruptive, should we..

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ban user permanently.

4 8.51%
  • Ban user for a period.

20 42.55%
  • Don't ban, create a forum for "*****ing"

5 10.64%
  • Just moderate the posts.

18 38.30%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Banning Users Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Chris... booze is one of the biggest problems in life, not just on a forum. The power of substance abuse, can very seldom be understood by anyone who has not been personally touched by its consequences. I am one of the very fortunate ones that was able to identify my disease a long time ago, seek help and enjoy a far richer and fulfilled life without it. Save for a few minor relapses over the past few years, I have remained clean for a considerable time. Unfortunatly, my disease was a major contributor to the failure of my marriage, and to my losing almost everything I own in the process. Fortunately for me, I was able to identify it , and somehow found the courage to turn it around.
    Please, i'm not pointing any fingers at anyone on the forum.... this is about me, and no one else.
    I am sure both of you remember a very special occassion at the Du Tooits Kloof Lodge on the eve of the rivers opening, was good fun

Sorry not meant to hijack, don't want to be banned, back to the thread
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Will Capetonians also be banned?
    Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform

As a sidenote - let's see how many of the 3323 members actually vote. 39 members where online at the time of checking, 85 so far for the day.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Good idea - users with more than 3000 posts can apply
    Then I need my pre-ban posts to be credited back to me ASAP. Or I will need the forum to be hacked again to get my post total back!

Yes full well, I was the ringleader at a huge party, where the Jagermeister took over. I vaguely remember walking around the bar and restaurant, stark naked, and thinking it was so cool. The truth is, it was a tragic manifestation of the power of abuse of alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    I am sure both of you remember a very special occassion at the Du Tooits Kloof Lodge on the eve of the rivers opening, was good fun

Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Chris... booze is one of the biggest problems in life, not just on a forum. The power of substance abuse, can very seldom be understood by anyone who has not been personally touched by its consequences. I am one of the very fortunate ones that was able to identify my disease a long time ago, seek help and enjoy a far richer and fulfilled life without it. Save for a few minor relapses over the past few years, I have remained clean for a considerable time. Unfortunatly, my disease was a major contributor to the failure of my marriage, and to my losing almost everything I own in the process. Fortunately for me, I was able to identify it , and somehow found the courage to turn it around.
    Please, i'm not pointing any fingers at anyone on the forum.... this is about me, and no one else.
    Seems we both reached a similar destination Andre. My walk however was not alcohol related, it was something far more addictive and obsessive! Fishing had become my one and only priority in life! My life revolved around it,.....right down to the way I sniffed at the air in the morning. Everything else suffered as a result. The end result was the loss of everything.....it was all stripped from me, even the very thing that brought about my demise, my fishing. I've been clean for close on 5 years now!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post

I remember all too well Matt. As the only reasonably sober guy left standing, Andre was the least of my worries. You and Toxic Cox nearly gave me a heart attack when you both jumped into the flipping raging river! Jeez, don't ever do that to me again!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Banning users seems a bit extreme. I doubt that there will be anybody left after a while...

Yes full well, I was the ringleader at a huge party, where the Jagermeister took over. I vaguely remember walking around the bar and restaurant, stark naked, and thinking it was so cool. The truth is, it was a tragic manifestation of the power of abuse of alcohol.
    Ya but it was fun. . . .

It wasn't as stupid as thinking you can swim in the Smaalblaar in the middle of the night with the river almost in flood, I think for many of us that wasn't our proudest hour!

The start of the season tradition died then and there.
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    I remember all too well Matt. As the only reasonably sober guy left standing, Andre was the least of my worries. You and Toxic Cox nearly gave me a heart attack when you both jumped into the flipping raging river! Jeez, don't ever do that to me again!
    Agreed, that was 100% the dumbest thing I have EVER done!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast