Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Outfit for Vaal Yellowfish (father and son)

Default Outfit for Vaal Yellowfish (father and son)

Having fished the "John West"(maybe eating to much tuna salad) or "Jim West" series for some time, and I don't think they exist anymore, I bought a "Senqu Riverpants" last year, and was quite pleased with the product vs. amount paid. I was wondering if anybody has fished the Senqu range like the "riverpants and the tropics l/s shirts" in their range? This year I'm planning to start taking my 9year old son in the shallow rapids and I want to give him what I missed out as boy, and also some decent protection against the elements, if Senqu doesn't have his size, where could I look for stuff for him (pants, l/s shirt, decent broad rimmed hat maybe with that flap at the back,and then the million dollar question.....what about wading shoes?) I have contacted Gregg Mousley, a friend who also works for Senqu, and awaits his feedback.
    My Rogue hat has finally gone after 7-9 years service and I was on their website but could not see a online shop, and could also not find shops/stores selling them...anybody know where I can buy them? Will take a look at local Co-op (Senwes) as I know the boere-ooms like to wear them also.:smile:
    Last edited by Barbus13; 10-09-14 at 01:51 PM.
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

I don't know if you can get Senqu stuff anymore since the company closed down. Perhaps someone else has taken over the brand... not sure, but there should be other options
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Try Cape Union Market for Rogue hats - I bought one there awhile back.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I don't know if you can get Senqu stuff anymore since the company closed down. Perhaps someone else has taken over the brand... not sure, but there should be other options
    When did they close down?
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quite a while ago, a couple of years at least. Then I think someone bought the brand or something, but at one point they did stop trading.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    When did they close down?
    Strange....Gregg said nothing to me about them being closed. Other options? Looked at Columbia, and yes I know they are top notch, not willing to pay R900 for pants that will be worn 90% of the time in the water, I'm not a cheap skate please, will pay R400-600 for such pants. Any other options please, should Senqu be closed.
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

Well they had a 2013 catalogue.

http://senqu.wozaonline.co.za/Summer+13+Catalogue

And another link shows it's under construction....for how long this has been showing this I'm not sure.

http://www.senqu.co.za/
    Dirk Human

Quote Originally Posted by white death View Post
    Try Cape Union Market for Rogue hats - I bought one there awhile back.
    Thanks will contact them, they have a shop in Potch that is near to me.
    Dirk Human

Look at the new Johnson Clothing - our local Agri Co-op carries some of the range including children's sizes

Quote Originally Posted by white death View Post
    Look at the new Johnson Clothing - our local Agri Co-op carries some of the range including children's sizes
    Thanks forgot about them. Nice they are selling children sizes.
    Our sister forum actually supports Senqu, and has recently reviewed their stuff.
    Just phoned their Head Office @ Senqu (+27 31 274 6406) and a very nice lady confirmed they are pretty much open still.
    Dirk Human

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast