Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Elandspad

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    western cape
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Thanks for the info guys.
    I will be there quite early so shouldnt be a problem finishing before dark.
    Ive got a mate that might want to tag along but wont be fishing. Think he will be alright or is there some sort of a permit he needs?
    Or does me booking the beat cover us both?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Western Cape
    Posts
    7,524

    Default

    No the permit doesn't cover you both. He needs to be booked in and paid for, with the CPS and have all the permits, just as if he is fishing, although you might be able to get away without the fishing permit., but definatly he must be recorded with the CPS as being on the beat. This is a safety requirement of Cape Nature. The CPS gives them all the names of the people booked for the river in case there is an emergency. Think about it. If there is an accident or incident, and they are only aware that there is one guy on the beat, they wont look for two if it comes to that.
    Remember that also there is no cell phone signal when you are up in the kloof, and not having been there before, don't take too many chances. Its difficult to get in and out when you are far from the access points, so something as seemingly benign as a sprained ankle could mean an overnighter. This is also one of the reasons why you should park at the designated parking spot, because CN will also have your car registration number in case it is there after dark, so in case you aren't back, they will raise a "flag" if they see that your car is still there.
    Best to book him in, pay, and do the right thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by occie View Post
    Thanks for the info guys.
    I will be there quite early so shouldnt be a problem finishing before dark.
    Ive got a mate that might want to tag along but wont be fishing. Think he will be alright or is there some sort of a permit he needs?
    Or does me booking the beat cover us both?
    Last edited by Andre; 23-10-14 at 01:55 PM.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    WP
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    I left my car in the parking lot when I camped on beat 4 for 3 days, no-one called anybody to report me missing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    No the permit doesn't cover you both. He needs to be booked in and paid for, with the CPS and have all the permits, just as if he is fishing, although you might be able to get away without the fishing permit., but definatly he must be recorded with the CPS as being on the beat. This is a safety requirement of Cape Nature. The CPS gives them all the names of the people booked for the river in case there is an emergency. Think about it. If there is an accident or incident, and they are only aware that there is one guy on the beat, they wont look for two if it comes to that.
    Remember that also there is no cell phone signal when you are up in the kloof, and not having been there before, don't take too many chances. Its difficult to get in and out when you are far from the access points, so something as seemingly benign as a sprained ankle could mean an overnighter. This is also one of the reasons why you should park at the designated parking spot, because CN will also have your car registration number in case it is there after dark, so in case you aren't back, they will raise a "flag" if they see that your car is still there.
    Best to book him in, pay, and do the right thing.
    Regards
    Craig

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pretoria Gangsters Paradise
    Posts
    5,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcherFish View Post
    I left my car in the parking lot when I camped on beat 4 for 3 days, no-one called anybody to report me missing.
    Maybe nobody noticed?
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Blouberg
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    ..or cared

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    WP
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    I expected that, it was just a matter of who would say it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    ..or cared
    Regards
    Craig

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Western Cape
    Posts
    7,524

    Default

    That's because you didn't book to do that. They didn't know you were there
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcherFish View Post
    I left my car in the parking lot when I camped on beat 4 for 3 days, no-one called anybody to report me missing.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Stellenberg / Western Cape
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    That's because you didn't book to do that. They didn't know you were there
    Dare I say poacher?? (runs and hides)

    :biggrin: :biggrin:
    Andrť

    Fly fishing noob

    It is curious - curious that physical courage should be so common in the world, and moral courage so rare ~ Mark Twain

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Stellenbosch and Kuils River, Western Cape
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    That's because you didn't book to do that. They didn't know you were there
    Plus there wasnt an emergency, so they wouldnt necessarily look for someone if there is no emergency. Besides, your wife prob knew where you were and didnt call it in, otherwise there would have prob been a rescue attempt.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    WP
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    It was a commenting on the post "This is also one of the reasons why you should park at the designated parking spot, because CN will also have your car registration number in case it is there after dark, so in case you aren't back, they will raise a "flag" if they see that your car is still there."
    Quote Originally Posted by shector View Post
    Plus there wasnt an emergency, so they wouldnt necessarily look for someone if there is no emergency. Besides, your wife prob knew where you were and didnt call it in, otherwise there would have prob been a rescue attempt.
    Regards
    Craig

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •