Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Senior A Nationals Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    The statue or the beat markers?????
    Beat markers, of course! :biggrin:

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I agree, we should use dead cats, goats heads, and effigies of Julius Malema and Jacob Zuma as beat markers....that should keep the rivers clear....It might even scare off the people that go to the river a day after the competition to find something to moan about.
    Glad you mentioned Jacob and Julius, you obviously attended the same school as them Andre. Nationals was 6-9 May, I fished on the 17th - one day after the competition :-) So with all the idiotic chirps from comp and ex comp fishermen trying to be funny, when are you and your lazy ******** friends going to pick up the beat markers?
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

image.jpg

Don't be a Debbie Downer
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Glad you mentioned Jacob and Julius, you obviously attended the same school as them Andre. Nationals was 6-9 May, I fished on the 17th - one day after the competition :-) So with all the idiotic chirps from comp and ex comp fishermen trying to be funny, when are you and your lazy ******** friends going to pick up the beat markers?
    You and I both know this ain't gonna happen����

Did you go and check if all the participants paid their temporary memberships as well?
    Maybe there was one that did not pay?
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

I didn't mention anyones name, so how do you know Im referring to you? You must be very touchy....
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Did you go and check if all the participants paid their temporary memberships as well?
    Maybe there was one that did not pay?
    I am sure if someone hadn't paid, you would just trot out the same lame excuses as with the beat markers. We thought someone else was going to collect the payments, our abacus broke, none of us can count, we were too busy baking cookies to pay any attention to it, we had to rush back to the hotel for a drink, we couldn't give a sh*t etc

What I am more interested in knowing is how you, South Africa's self-proclaimed expert master angler, who has been competing for years, fished all over the world, has former world champions on speed dial, knows every technique for all conditions, has fished the Cape streams for years, has home water advantage, only managed to come 31st? You were beaten by anglers who have only fished for a couple of years and some that have never fished the Cape streams before. I have heard some of your excuses that the rivers were the lowest in 30 years (have any stats to back this up? They don't seem lower to me than any other year at this time if we haven't had rain), the fish were spawning (what did the other 30 guys catch, the non-spawning fish?), the water was ultra clear (what a surprise for this time of year and yet everyone is complaining that the lower Smalblaar is murky) , most difficult nationals in 13 years (I thought the one in Natal a couple of years ago where you came stone last was the most difficult?) etc. I thought all you needed to win was a handful of nymphs and some Goldilocks for Lakensvlei? I look forward to your excuses (I mean reply) and having all your buddies jump in and call me names for daring to ask a valid question or question their leader :-)
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I didn't mention anyones name, so how do you know Im referring to you? You must be very touchy....
    Ha ha ha, that might seem like a clever response when you have had a couple of beers, try reading it again when you are sober. Now just remember, I didn't mention your name so you don't really know that I am talking about you ... :-)

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

It seems nothing can be posted on FlyTalk without certain people starting an argument of sorts. Guys, its fishing. Stop acting like little girls, and deal with it. Regardless of your views on comp fishing, dont knock it until you've tried it yourself. At the end of the day, all this thread aimed to do was to give information, and updates regarding the competition, for those who were interested. But now it sounds like an eventful episode of Dr Phil. Control yourselves boys, if the only thing you have to say is negative, then dont say it.
    Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time...

Lots of keyboard warriors on here. And to think that I used to actually look up to some of you..Grow up guys
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast