Thread: Fly tying table and workstation.

Default Fly tying table and workstation.

Hi.
    After seeing Rohan Koegelenberg's workstation that was made by "Jvice" I also wanted something like that. Likely I first spoke to Andre Burger from "Present a Fly" and he send me some pics of the one he has, and he advised me to go and sit at my table and do measurements and take out the stuff I normally used and see how many slots and thingies I might need, as he said this is one thing do want "customized" and feel at ease with.
    Long story short went last night to buddy in town that is awesome with wood, and when I left I didn't only have a workstation planned but also a tying table.
    Wood he suggested that would be value for money is meranti, and using a white melamine top on the workstation to see hooks and stuff better. Table would be like the traditional old studies but would have a quater moon insert for me to sit closer to the table with three big drawers on both sides and on top a small drawer on both sides to pull out with my tools. The back will have a wooden lit like a bread bin that closes the top section when not tying, and also have compartments at the back quater of table to also put stuff.

Any suggestions or little things I might overlook would be helpfull.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Barbus13; 08-05-15 at 10:41 AM.
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

fly table.jpgEk like die konsep waar alles voor jou is,om minstens meeste van jou goed.Ek het n pinup board gekoop van so 1.5m/1m en met dym spykers my material opgehang voor my teen die muur.Dis baie maklik om nou te sien wat ek soek.Amper soos in prent

Lyk awesome John!!!

Een vraag, daai sakkies waar jy die surplus/gemors weggooi waar kry mens dit te koop?
    Al gekyk op net in S.A. nie gesien :-(
    En wat is die engelse naam vir dit/ korrekte terme?
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus13 View Post
    Lyk awesome John!!!

Een vraag, daai sakkies waar jy die surplus/gemors weggooi waar kry mens dit te koop?
    Al gekyk op net in S.A. nie gesien :-(
    En wat is die engelse naam vir dit/ korrekte terme?
    Waste basket. Jay maak ook. Ek het myne gemaak soos ek my nette maak - maar by een manier try bly itv werk en hoe ek dinge doen.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Something along these lines....
    P3020010.jpg

P3020011_600.jpg

P3020014_600.jpg
    Dirk Human

Hi Mario.

Many thanks. So maak jy as mens sou vra vir ene?
    Dirk Human

The problem now is that I'm tying with a Danvise, the "JVICE15A Jvice Waste Basket [18]* " will it fit? :-(
    Also picked up StreamX is selling a "FV881 Vice Waste Bag " as alternative?
    Dirk Human

vat n botter bakkie en gom material aan die binnekant vas.Sit al jou afval stukke daarin en maak toe met deksel.Baie keure krap mens n paar bruikbare stukke nog daaruit..Die basket is nie so wonderlik nie

Quote Originally Posted by core fly View Post
    vat n botter bakkie en gom material aan die binnekant vas.Sit al jou afval stukke daarin en maak toe met deksel.Baie keure krap mens n paar bruikbare stukke nog daaruit..Die basket is nie so wonderlik nie
    Goeie idee klink na vrystaatse oplossing...maklik en eenvoudig en aansienlik goedkoper. Dankie John.
    Dirk Human